Howdy folks!

Grumpy old man

I'm new to the forum, and a beginner at best. I bought my wife a metal detector a few years ago as a birthday gift/joke. Her first attempt to dig in drought hardened clay did it for her; she was done. The metal detector was now mine.

I used it on a vacant lot we have and found a bunch of staples, nails, wire, etc. However, this summer I took it to the beach. I was sitting on the patio and saw two guys with detectors heading down to the beach. In fear they would find MY treasure, I grabbed mine and took off. I found a few clad quarters and dimes, some newer pennies, a room key and lots and lots of beer cans! How can a beer can get so deep?

Anyway, I'm now hooked. I've spotted several old home sites and am making calls to get permission. I have also been scouring Google Earth for potential sites. Our weather has been rotten and I've been spending time with an ill relative. But I'm ready to get back at it.

Best regards,
Grump

Welcome from Illinois, and thanks for the tip. I may get my wife a high-end detector for her birthday! Of course, she'll need a top of line digger, too.

Welcome from NE Texas. If I brought my wife a metal detector home as a gift, I would be looking for a new place to live. Good luck with the new machine !!

Welcome from Illinois, and thanks for the tip. I may get my wife a high-end detector for her birthday! Of course, she'll need a top of line digger, too.

Welcome aboard, Valentines day is coming up quick, think my honey could use a CTX. They again I'd wind up doing a doghouse remodel afterwards...

Welcome aboard from NW Florida!!

10401988_10154204705420635_270724908735960456_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom