• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What Boots need a link.

iBuySilver

Forum Supporter
Hey buds ...I'm looking around for some new work boots and
Red Wing has always been my choice. The prices are getting crazy.

If you have any links for a high quality work boot "leather"
could you please post them. Steel toe not required.

After working in a wood panel plant for 31 years I have worn them all. We had to have steel toe though so that made things a little different. I agree that Red Wings have gone out of sight in price and down a little in quality. I could list a whole bunch of brand names, but for me the ones that held up the best were Keens. I was in maintenance and I was very rough on my work boots.

I too believe in Keen. After foot surgery and past ankle sprains I have Keen boots. They are for hiking but my Hubby has the Keen work boot for his work which he works on bridges, under bridges in rough terrain and stand doing traffic control at times. He has worn Danners and another brand before but his Keen's seem to stand the test of time and they are great for the arches and give great ankle support.

Work boots and brands are always a hot topic at my work. “Best” always depends on the task you will be performing in the boots. For instance if you climb ladders (or kicking a shovel), you’ll want a boot with a defined heel. Or if you’re walking on rebar, you’d want a flat sole. If you walk on gravel you’d want more ankle support similar to a hiking style boot rather than a pull on style. So it all depends on the task, do they need to be ANSI approved?
That said, Wolverine boots are my brand of choice.

Red Wings are great once you get past the "bloody ankles" break-in period. Always had to wrap my ankles, even the salesperson advised...

I normally avoid steel toe, as I work outside in sometimes below zero temps.
I switched to a steel-toe Chippewa lineman's boot last year and it's served me quite well.

boots what you all know about boots...lol

Ya know I have had my feet in more than my fair of boots. I have been in one type of government uniform or another since 1991. ( yikes old guy).:roll: I will tell ya hands down best bang for your buck is Rocky. That being said Danner is best boot period! I had some of the Ft Lewis Danner's when I was stationed in Europe and it got soooo mother loving cold and those puppies were THE BEST!

The Rockies last me a year maybe two. But I still have those Ft/ Lewis boots. I had them resoled two times and they are like and old friend! :D

Although I don't have a pair YET. I've met close to 100 people in the industry that swear by these. They hold up extremely well, very oil/coolant slip resistant, and suppose to be the most comfortable while on concrete all day. I've not met a diesel or auto technician who had these and went back to something else.

http://www.redbackboots.com

Carolina have been my absolute favorite boot of all lasted 4 years and laying asphalt at that
Had chips, craftsmen, tim pros, redwing, irish setters

Id go Carolina with Irish setters a very close 2nd

Use to be able to get a lifetime warranty on goretex boots and just pay like 14$ and swap for a new pair... They quickly nipped that in the butt

Back
Top Bottom