Warranty repair returned worst then went in Sent to Ill center came back from Kellyco??

lawsonland

My Etrac was acting up and contacted the Minelab Center in Lisle, IL 60532.
I mailed it back and it was received by Minelab in Illinois on 12/16.
I received it yesterday and the label has it being sent from Kellyco in Florida.

I put a the battery in it turned it on and The screen started flashing and it made these deep bell sounds.

I took brand new AA's and put them in the holder (measured 12.88volts) Now it just says "Flat battery" and turns off.

Why did this get sent to Kellyco from Illinois, Minelab in Illinois can't fix there own machines?

Why is it not working now?? Its more F'd up then when I sent it.

Whos is paying the shipping to have it returned so I can get a working unit!!

I just ordered a CTX. Having serious doubts about that purchase and long term use.

I am not very happy

No experience with Minelab BUT when you call on monday they will probably pay for the shipping back. If they don't you need to find a new person at Minelab to talk to.

Good luck. Every company makes mistakes. They should correct it.

I sent it to Minelab Americas 1938 A University Lane Lisle, IL 60532
after talking to the tech there.

Why was it returned to me from Kellyco in Florida??

If they (minelab) can't fix the unit in their main repair center then then need to remove it from their repair center list.

Sorry but when it's more broken then when you send it in and is returned from a different company (that's not the manufacturer) then its more than a mistake.

I just need to vent. When I first called they told me it would cost $800 to repair because the board would need to be replaced- but upon looking up the serial # it was still under warranty.

The point is after spending over $1200 to purchase and 2 years later finding out a repair is $800. It makes you think twice about purchasing a machine from this company, it shouldn't cost $800 for a PCB. especially if you want to keep people upgrading to a new model.

Did you buy your ML detector from Kellyco? Or if you bought it used, did the original owner buy it from Kellyco?

It is still under warranty, I purchased it from New England Detectors. They are not in business but it does not matter because the manufacturer is supposed to repair it under their warranty

Hope you get the situation resolved. I have had several Minelab machines in the past but never had to use their repair service. I guess I have been very lucky because yours is not the first customer service nightmare I have heard of from Minelab.

The last time

I sent a machine in for repair to Illinois I got it back, sent it back to them, they sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it, Kellyco is supposed to be a authorized Minelab service center, scary , as there on line site is un - secure ,with several people affected ,with credit card fraud occurring from transactions, still today NO response to the customers , don't give them your credit card information , you have been told from someone this has happened to , Earl

Minelab is the Mercedes of mding.... If something breaks after warranty, hope u have a fat wallet:-). And from what I understand kc is the us repair center.

Kudos to Minelab & Kellyco- very nice people

Hi,
Spoke to both Minelab & Kellyco. Both have apologized for the inconvenience and have sent a prepaid label to return the unit to be corrected. Minelab was short on help due to the holiday and sent machines to Kellyco to be worked on so they would not be sitting around over the holiday. Everything should work out, I was all set to hunt and when I got out to the field and it didn't work it was a let down.
Just wanted to let you know everyone (Kellyco and the tech at Minelab) have been very nice and helpful.

Hi,
Spoke to both Minelab & Kellyco. Both have apologized for the inconvenience and have sent a prepaid label to return the unit to be corrected. Minelab was short on help due to the holiday and sent machines to Kellyco to be worked on so they would not be sitting around over the holiday. Everything should work out, I was all set to hunt and when I got out to the field and it didn't work it was a let down.
Just wanted to let you know everyone (Kellyco and the tech at Minelab) have been very nice and helpful.

Glad it is working out. I thought they would pay for shipping. You got an answer that satisfied you, no more money out of your pocket. Sounds like they will make it right. Thanks for the update

Think they should have offered you a loaner, or like 200$ and yours for a new one as an inconvenience, that's the customer service I like to see

Hi,

Too many broken Excaliburs being shipped back from repair for me to buy that one:roll: Be glad when I can switch all mine over to Whites one of these days. Sweet home gets an attaboy from me!

Back
Top Bottom