Red tide anyone??

Alpo..... im trying to keep it clean for ya lol. I get some ugly faces occasionally from other hunters..... but no fist fights. Vetteb didnt I run into you? I remember some hunting had just bought a condo.

Alpo..... im trying to keep it clean for ya lol. I get some ugly faces occasionally from other hunters..... but no fist fights. Vetteb didnt I run into you? I remember some hunting had just bought a condo.

I was told by the officers that they run into the same two guys regularly, said they are there in the midnight hours when they arent supposed to be.

Awwww the aint supposed to be crowd. I got stopped once by and officer who wanted to tell me i couldnt park at 5:30. I told him respectfully of course.... all other beaches have public notice signs. I also reminded him of the homeless dudes living right right there in the trees selling stuff they find off the beach....... our conversation ended there.:lol:

Cant say ive ran into ANYONE hunting thats ever given me attitude. Its a big beach...... and i have no problem avoiding a conversation.

Vetteb didnt I run into you? I remember some hunting had just bought a condo.

I don’t think so. I try to keep to myself figuring most don’t want to talk. I think I’ve seen you though. I’m sure you can spot us non-regulars. I always see a gentleman and his wife (jay and Karen) early in the mornings and they like to chat me up. When I retire in 5 years I’ll be a regular. :laughing:

The further South ya go, the better it gets. People are generally pretty cool down my way. Hence the Jimmy Buffet song. 😁

I know Jay and Karen well. Now Karen can hunt...... dont waste your time hunting behind her...... and expect her to embarrass you by finding gold where you just were.:lol: They call me sometimes about machines and to see if i found a lost ring.

hey Dew, sounds pretty bad. Hope you find some spots where the depositors are still getting in the water. Joe

Awwww the aint supposed to be crowd. I got stopped once by and officer who wanted to tell me i couldnt park at 5:30. I told him respectfully of course.... all other beaches have public notice signs. I also reminded him of the homeless dudes living right right there in the trees selling stuff they find off the beach....... our conversation ended there.:lol:

Cant say ive ran into ANYONE hunting thats ever given me attitude. Its a big beach...... and i have no problem avoiding a conversation.

Same thing happened to Me! Two rangers approached me as I was hunting the beach in the dead of night..."Sir, this beach does not open to the public until 6am"...

"Yeah? So what are you doing out here?" I asked...

They said, "Patrolling! The only people on the beach this time of the night are drunks and skinny dippers!"

So I says, "So if I take off my pants I can stay then?" :laughing:

Bradenton beaches

:D
So the red tide bloom on the SW Florida coast has been in my area, Charlotte County, for weeks and it’s looking like it’s been slowly spreading North and South.

Have any of you Florida guys been to the beach lately? My daughter and her friends went to Boca Grande, Englewood and Venice to go try and catch some rays and relaxation but she said it was pretty bad. There were dead fish everywhere and it stunk horribly.

In all of my years here, this is the worst I’ve seen it. It sucks!! I’m thinking of heading to the beach this morning to see how bad it really is with my own eyes. I’ll bring the MXt along for Aural support 😁. I’ll report back and post some pics later. Here is a map from FwC showing where the red tide was as of this weekend.

Eric
Bradenton beaches as of 8/8/18 are getting the red tide now with a lot of dead fishes washing ashore , the news says it’s traveling north towards St Petersburg

So red tide is unfortunately still very relevant. Is anyone still hunting the water. I have been out and have not seen anyone else. Maybe that should tell me something but it seems like as soon as I started to really have fun the algea ruined it.

Im one of the dumn ones ...still in the water. Road trip to CWB thwe other day....u could see the bottom....and all the dead fish. Smell pretty bad on u when u leave.

Yeah...No, I'm not in the water or on the beach for the past weeks. Can't get away from the smell here in St.Pete Bch area, I live on one of the bays on the intercostal and have large amounts of dead fish in the water. Not going back out till a good storm moves things around...red tide & sand
DL

I went to the beach in Englewood yesterday and went down to Boca Grande as well, even with the stupid cold I’m fighting as soon as I crossed the intercoastal I could smell it. I got to the beach, got out of the car and walked up to the beginning of the beach and it hit me...dead fish and stank everywhere! It was the same on Boca too. I ended up turning around and went home...probably better anyways seeing as I’m not feeling so hot.

Back
Top Bottom