• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Counter Balance weight for my Nox 600

hammer0419

I spent some time in the shop today. Wanted to figure out a counterweight for my Nox 600 stock shaft. It's all metal with a very durable rubber cover. I'm not even sure what the weight is as I have no scale. However, what a huge difference it makes in balance and comfort. While testing things out I used a wrap of black tape to keep it secure which is probably all that's needed. However once completed. I drilled a small hole and installed a tiny sheet metal screw. Like a whole different machine carry wise.

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_133415_resize_20.jpg
    IMG_20190915_133415_resize_20.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_20190915_171228_resize_31.jpg
    IMG_20190915_171228_resize_31.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_20190915_171220_resize_15.jpg
    IMG_20190915_171220_resize_15.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Get a Detector Pro Buddy harness. Even for the lightest detector its the way to go. I have about 14 detectors and one harness and I made enough lower attachment elastic straps that I leave on each detector. It actually improves your coil swing and overall coil control and takes the load off your shoulder, elbow, back etc. You just find the balance/attachment point for each detector and you put your lower strap there.

Get a Detector Pro Buddy harness. Even for the lightest detector its the way to go. I have about 14 detectors and one harness and I made enough lower attachment elastic straps that I leave on each detector. It actually improves your coil swing and overall coil control and takes the load off your shoulder, elbow, back etc. You just find the balance/attachment point for each detector and you put your lower strap there.

But now your always tethered to your machine, no? I want to locate, put my machine down, dig, and pinpoint.

Last edited:
The harness strap just lays loose across one shoulder. You have the ability to take it off your shoulder and have enough slack to lay the detector behind or to your side.

I beach detect and don't use a pinpointer but I do use a big digging scoop. I have a special assist handle on it so I can dig with just one hand. You have to think outside the box.

The harness strap just lays loose across one shoulder. You have the ability to take it off your shoulder and have enough slack to lay the detector behind or to your side.

I beach detect and don't use a pinpointer but I do use a big digging scoop. I have a special assist handle on it so I can dig with just one hand. You have to think outside the box.

Good deal. I will take a look at them.

Back
Top Bottom