GOLD! GOLD! There's gold in them thar beaches!

robby4570

Elite Member
Ok, I guess that gives away the end of the story... I went to the beach today just to get out of the RV so Rita could get some sleep (she worked last night and tonight) not expecting much. The day started out pretty slow, I walked about a mile, found a penny here and there, and then hit a "paystreak" of coins. They were all along a small stretch of beach parallel to the surf line right where the wet and dry sand met. All of them looked like they had been in the water for years and were between 2 and 6 inches deep. That one short section has yielded 5 quarters, 7 dimes, 3 nickels, & 14 pennies!! But the biggie for the day was as I was walking back to the car, I was probably 50 yards from the boardwalk where I would have turned off the MD when I found the ring. It's 14K (marked inside) and weighs 4.0 grams. At current prices I estimate it should be around $120.00 melt value... if I figured it right.

383165_10151074338495635_877060634_21885527_1539849506_n.jpg

So in closing, the day's total is:

8 Quarters
12 Dimes
7 Nickels
37 Pennies
And ONE BIG HONKIN' (well, it was to me) GOLD RING

By the way, it took most of the year but this was my first GOLD ring. I've found other rings in Silver and Titanium and one WHITE gold (but that was a recovery, not a find) and a gold cross but

:excited: :clapping: :excited:

THIS WAS MY FIRST GOLD RING!!!!!!!

Oh !!!! guys....now he's never gonna give it up and sell his stuff for cheap.. Grats on the ring!

Never crossed my mind to sell my stuff... I've had a stellar year this year for a first year. In fact I'm saving towards my Sand Shark now! Thanks!

Congratulations on your gold ring Robby!!

Your story has at least three lessons within it I can see.

You went hunting, you stuck with it until there was no place left to hunt as you were leaving and you found gold!!

Ya gotta go#1, Ya gotta do#2 if Ya gonna get!!#3:yes:

Good Luck on your next hunt Fellow Gold Finder,

CJ

You'll always remember your first............................gold ring!!! Congrats, bet you'll find more, now that you've broken the ice.

nice find - it's sure a rush to find a ring as nice as that one - is'nt it.

I have a ring just like that one :grin:

2 1/2 Sand scoops?????

keep up the good work with that Ace250

/Steffen

Back
Top Bottom