Mid October Ocean City MD hunt - do I need a wetsuit?

You going into the water there? Deep .. Shallow..?

Your a stronger person then I, I would recommend one being the temps will be in the 60 to 65 range. What detector?

If your using the AT Pro I would say it might not work because of the very salty water...something to consider.. I know of two who can work it to the waters edge and that's as close as they can get...with out falsing.
any WP PI, excal, CZ 20/21 should do the trick. Not sure about the BHID..

Like Ima said water there can be ruff most of the time, but if you hit the early morning lows, sometimes you can get out to your chest if your a bobber, but then you have to watch out for the small sharks. Which they only had one incident this summer of a shark bite. Hopefully a sand bar may form on the outer edge and that will block all the waves at lowtides. Even better a nice Hurricane!! Best of Luck, and Be safe...

Hmm I don't know which is more intimidating the AT Pro falsing or sharks!
I do hear the ATP has salt water issues but I thought I'd try it. I'll also have my Deus with me but only for sand. I do have a cable to do water hunts but nah.

I'd love a sovereign but I don't live near the ocean. I'll see if anyone rents them there.

I have

Hunted down their in October, 5 mil, is all you will need, don't expect much unless there is beach erosion, found more in dry sand that time of year, no depositors in the water, after October fest , slim pickins, from what I here the beach was replenished the end of last year, not good , good luck Earl

Hmm I don't know which is more intimidating the AT Pro falsing or sharks!
I do hear the ATP has salt water issues but I thought I'd try it. I'll also have my Deus with me but only for sand. I do have a cable to do water hunts but nah.

I'd love a sovereign but I don't live near the ocean. I'll see if anyone rents them there.

Just FYI a Sovereign is not just a beach detector. I know several people that use them as land detectors and they are amazing relic machines.

planery

The GT is good for dry & wet sand, but land, I prefer a nice ID screen, one of the best relic machines out there is a F75se or T2se, The GT with a sef 10x12 is a beast on the beach, happy hunting, Earl

Attachments

• 20111119_6.JPG
    20111119_6.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 217
The Sovereign is a great beach detector. Not a water detector, but a great beach detector. In fact in the wet sand it might be the best.

Unless something happens in the way of sand movement there just won't be any targets. Sand replenishment did happen and I fear the best hunting will by in the dry stuff.

By the way I will be hunting OC Maryland over Halloween weekend. I plan on using a dry sand scoop and chest mounted Sovereign. OC was ripped to !!!! last year around the OCT time frame. Maybe it will happen again.

I peeked at some PI machines, but really, I'll get to a salt ocean once a year, really don't think I need to buy one.. rather just try out the AT Pro.

Just got a report from OC, bleak in the wet, just coins..drysand is were all is, just find a area that has not been detected yet. Ruffer water Friday but it is coming from in from the east so maybe a few light rings on the wetsand uppers to the towel line.

O.C.

I'll be at Dewey for a week. I hit the beaches in DE, and O.C. MD. when water temp is in the low 70's to 60's I use a pair of boot foot chest wader's. I only go in maybe up to my waist if that. I MD at low tide , this way I can get out farther without getting dunked. If water is rough, play it safe, you will find stuff in the wet sand and the low surf too. Or just hit the towel lone in the dry sand. Good luck. I can not wait to leave.:detector:

Thanks, I'll look into some waders. Cabela's has some 3.5mm for under $100. I'm taking both the Deus and AT Pro, I'm just happy to be on the beach hunting, I know it's off-season.

Back
Top Bottom