< Look it's a newbie!

Romad

Hello Everyone,

I have enjoyed reading through the forum topics and have decided to give MDing a try. I don't even own a detector yet but am looking forward to my first purchase and hitting the beaches with my wife.

Have a wonderful day!

Regards,

Romad

Welcome Romad. Well you're half way there. At least you got a good place to hunt. No beaches in Kansas. :lol:

Have you set yourself a budget as to what you want to spend on a detector?

Welcome to the forum Romad. What machine are you looking at? Lots of good ones out there to chose from.

I want the one that is hands free and drives itself.

Either that, or a BH Discovery 3300. At $111 I really can't go wrong, if I findout that I'm not into the hunt I won't be out to much.

I do have questions though...I have been reading a lot about the coils being waterproof. What I want to know is how waterproof and how corrosive resistant are they to saltwater?

Romad

Romad - I have a BHD 3300. I have been doing great with it. There is no problem with putting the coil in the water. Welcome & happy hunting!

Thank you for the warm welcome from all of you. I went ahead with the BHD 3300 with some not so good results. I posted the situation in the "How to Use Your Metal Detector" section if interested. Regardless I'm taking it back Sunday, they said they would order me a new one.

Cheers,

Romad

Back
Top Bottom