• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Quick Playground Hunt Yields Permission to Hunt 2 Mid 1800's Houses?!

Banemorth

Elite Member
So after the big hunt yesterday I wasn't even planning on going out today but then the wife sat down in front of the TV picked up her sewing and turned on Sex in the City so away I went! :lol::lol: Figured I'd take it easy and head to a local playground. Before long I had two kids run up to me! I love kids personally and this one young boy Jackson excitedly told me that he LOVES to detect metal and he got a detector for Christmas.

So they followed me around and I let them help decide which signals to dig and which ones to skip. They were more excited by the quarters than the 55 wheat penny I pulled up though. Eventually mom comes over and tells me that HER mother and Uncle each own a house on the street down the road and both were built in the mid 1800's just mention her name and they'd give me permission for sure! She thanked me for entertaining her kids and left.

Happy was I then when I pulled a 56-D Rosie from the wood chips! The silver streak lives on and I wasn't even trying! That makes 5 silver hunts in a row. :lol: With 11 silver coins this year I've more than doubled my last years totals and I hadn't even started detecting this time last year :p . Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be able to catch the owners when they're home and get the official go ahead and I'll be set!

I'm also waiting to hear back for permission to detect the demolished mansion of the governor of NJ in 1812. I've got my fingers crossed on that one! Ended the day with 1 Wheat, 1 Silver, 10.92 in clad and a boy scout neck slide. Thanks for reading everyone!

008-2.jpg

006-6.jpg

009-2.jpg

I take a metal detecting day

Any day here in NJ over Sex and the city reruns or for that matter first runs would have me leaving for the detecting sites. Say shoot me a PM and I will see if we can buddy up. Nice finds. Regards, Mike :yes:

Nice on the silver find just in the wood chips?!?!

I had to post this pic upon seeing your pic above...looks like we found the same Cub Scout Tie "thingy"

Attachments

• IMG_2953.jpg
    IMG_2953.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 255
Very cool! Yeah that's twice I've found a silver dime in wood chips. Gotta think they're still in circulation out there so they are still getting dropped by those clumsy kids!

I'd love to do a hunt sometime Mike!

Back
Top Bottom