• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

will the finds increase

sexton

Forum Supporter
First storm of the year in the gulf will the finds increase. Any one with special plans that want to share?
Im leaving S florida today to do some work in tallahasse. think I will go over to Saint George island and see if any thing has changed. I was here for memorial weekend and beachs were packed.
Maybe I should do a slow ride up the west coast .

A lot will depend on wind direction and the beach structure. It may have no affect of flat beaches that are protected by outter sand bars. those with closer in sand bars could get some deep longshore cuts..... depending where the breakers hit. The good thing is the winds are from the S and the Swells are SW that will cut most of those beaches facing West. Looked like it was classifying yesterday with the high tides being 2' during the day..... its moving a lot of sand and up in the pan handle where those winds and swells are coming directly in.... i wouldnt bet on great things... except more sand.

Dew

We are heading down there in the morning to Pensacola to go fishing Sat. If it cancels I will hit the beach. The storm should be passed by Sat.

You are still looking at 1 1/2 ft swells on sat and sun up there. With everything coming right at you swell wise. Hey on the bright side.... only 30% chance of rain.

Dew

I hope it moves sand for you guys, it was here a few days ago when it was just the remnants of the hurricane on the pacific side of mexico and didn't move squat...

It's always a !!!! shoot with storms. Sometimes they help and sometimes they hinder. Fingers crossed for you.

Heavy rains can help soften the sand and it will move somewhere. Does your beach have street drains? Most do and the flush of heavy rains can erode. Good luck and look for low spots.

Something will change somewhere for sure. It may be very spotty are rare but, some areas WILL improve. No dought. The MDers in the area don't want everybody to swarm "their" beaches. Thats the facts.
GL HH BH

todays pass with the storm like buried the stuff,,,,,,Oh yea,,,,like pushed sand way on in,,,,,Urrrrrrrrrr,,,,need fresh drops now,,,,,

Sucks. I am down here in Pensacola I have my CTX and scoop. We got here early and got our charter set for fishing in the AM. Now I want to go detecting but my father in law drove his truck that he will never let anyone drive and I am stuck 15 miles from water. :mad:

I just got back from a few hours at my favorite spot, the erosion seemed minimal, and the bottom inviting, hard pack was accessible however the surf was up and very irregular. When then surf lays down a bit it may be good.

Heading for mexico bch in the mornig then saint george island on the way back to Tallahassee. We will see if anything has change in a week on the island

Back
Top Bottom