7 Coin Spill Highlights 12 Silver Week

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got in only four hunts this week but all produced some Silver. Last Sunday got out with the group and had a very enjoyable hunt. It produced 2 Merc's and some great times with the guys. The Group consisted of Air Force Mike, IDX Monster, Dewsweeper and his son Brett. I am already looking forward to the next hunt where we all meet up. On Tuesday I had to drive up North to my sons home. I got there a little early so I went to a park that is only a block from his home. Was only there about twenty minutes but what a twenty minutes they were. First dig I got a Wheat, second dig was a Merc. The third was a good but jumpy signal, numbers were all over from 12/39 to 46 but the depth stayed between 8 & 9 inches. A pleasant surprise as I flip the large plug I could see 2 Shiny coins in the hole a third was in the bottom of the plug found a fourth in the loose dirt along with 3 Wheat pennies. 2 GW's, 2 Rosie's and the 3 Wheat's was the spill. Only dug two more plugs that gave my another Wheat and the last a Memorial. My son drove past and laid on his horn to let me know he was home. Only covered about 50 feet in one pass. I am really looking forward to a return trip. On Friday I went to a local park for a few hours and returned with a Merc and a Rosie. Went to a permission today and covered about half the yard before dark. House was a late 40's build but did me well. Dug two Rosie's and a GW to give me 12 Silver coins for the week and now stand at 112 FTY. HH all. Trapper

Attachments

• 4-29-18 .jpg
    4-29-18 .jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 5-1-18 .jpg
    5-1-18 .jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 5-1-18 1 .jpg
    5-1-18 1 .jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 5-4-18 .jpg
    5-4-18 .jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 5-5-18 .jpg
    5-5-18 .jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 300
Your big coil is very grateful for letting it eat all that silver! Ha! Nice job! Mines still hungry...:lol:

Wow! That park is amazing!!! Sounds like it hasn’t been hunted much at all. Killer week! Congrats on all of the finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on some good ole silver, and 112 FTY? are you kidding me?!?You must of have started on your second treasure chest for sure amigo!!!

Your big coil is very grateful for letting it eat all that silver! Ha! Nice job! Mines still hungry...:lol:
The big coil only provided 9 of this weeks coins. Seldom use it on home permissions. But I can assure you Tom the Big coil is still awful hungry.
Wow! That park is amazing!!! Sounds like it hasn’t been hunted much at all. Killer week! Congrats on all of the finds
If you referring to the spill park Vic it has been hunted by plenty of detectionists. Just that there was some construction there that opened up some turf that still holds some deep coins.
Congratulations on some good ole silver, and 112 FTY? are you kidding me?!?You must of have started on your second treasure chest for sure amigo!!!
Thank you Busca. It has been an great year for me so far. Retired in February and things have gone pretty much my way since. Hope this can continue for a while yet as I just started hunting my permissions.
Nice spill! Congrats on another great week!
Thank you Jerry. The spill was a very nice surprise although I was thinking multi coin with the jumpy numbers and because it was very tough to pinpoint. Circled the dig at least three times. Hence I dug a very wide plug. Trapper

You already surpassed your last years silver count and we aren't even midway through 2018! Great hunting Jack, thats an awesome coin spill too!

Holy cow, what a spill. You’ll remember that one for sure. Congrats on a stellar week of silver and oldies. I’m enjoying seeing you find all these coins.

A fine week of digging Trapper, congrats on the 4 silver spill, the other silvers and the rest of the digs!
Appreciate your response Bruce. Going back to finish the yard I started and have another older permission lined up to start my week. Got high hopes for a very good week.
You already surpassed your last years silver count and we aren't even midway through 2018! Great hunting Jack, thats an awesome coin spill too!
Kind words Jeff, thank you. Passing last years totals while a goal was not a great challenge just because I now have time as a ally. That and I had an attack plan of sites that was put together for the 3 months prior to my retirement. I'm pretty darn happy that things really fell into place for me.
Holy cow, what a spill. You’ll remember that one for sure. Congrats on a stellar week of silver and oldies. I’m enjoying seeing you find all these coins.
Yes Jason its a spill I won't forget any to soon. I have now hit this site three times and hope to do so again real soon. Each time there I have found Silver but have had limited time. I need to plan for a lot more time next time I visit.
Congrats on the great finds !
Over 100 Silver FTY in May ... wow that's fantastic !
Well done !
Thank you E-trac, I've had a great ride so far this year. Retirement has suited me fairly well. Now that good weather is finally here other responsibilities will come into play somewhat and cut some digging time from me. Trapper

Sounds like you have an extra skip in your step this week Trap.
Congratulations on the spills . The rain should make things a bit more conductive for us .
That quarter to dime ratio is good to see also . Adds weight to that Pouch 👍.
Good work my friend.

HH ,
Dew

Hey hey HEY! You know what happens when you go over the limit!:police:
Very nice chunks of silver Trap,it’s really refreshing to dig silver that’s something other than a dime! You certainly did that this week!
Always impressive,to say the least....:grin:

Really nice! Keep it up!
BCD
I appreciate your reply BCD. It is my intention to keep this run going.
Thank you Kiowa for the response.
Sounds like you have an extra skip in your step this week Trap.
Congratulations on the spills . The rain should make things a bit more conductive for us .
That quarter to dime ratio is good to see also . Adds weight to that Pouch 👍.
Good work my friend. HH ,
Dew
Only one spill Brad but it was a very nice one. That hop in my step is because I started my permissions. Not using the big coil. Will finish the one I started yesterday and have another that follows. Also I found out I don't have to go in for Jury duty on Monday so I'll get in some more swing time. Hope they cancel every day this week.
Wow...great silver finds! With that amount, you'll soon will need a wheel barrel just to bring them back to the vehicle.
Thank you Jak. There will always enough room in my pockets for my Silver finds. Although I have been known to share with others my trash digs. I do like helping to fill their pouches. Trapper

Trapper thats just an outstanding week. Huge congrats ! You have more than doubled in a week what I have all year. God bless. HH Mark

Hey hey HEY! You know what happens when you go over the limit!:police:
Very nice chunks of silver Trap,it’s really refreshing to dig silver that’s something other than a dime! You certainly did that this week!
Always impressive,to say the least....:grin:
Thanks Kevin, ummm I apologize in advance or after the fact.... I just did not realize I had limits. I'll do my best before it doesn't happen again. The Spill provided 2 of the 3 Quarters this last week. I have not got any yet this week though.
Trapper thats just an outstanding week. Huge congrats ! You have more than doubled in a week what I have all year. God bless. HH Mark
Appreciate your reply Mark. I am a Silver hunter and to do that you have to hunt locations that hold Silver. I do not like coming home with nothing so I plan the hunts to give me my best opportunities.
That's a heck of coin spill! Congrats on a short, great hunt.
I have only had one other silver spill that was more than two in the hole in my career Toad. This one will stick in my mind for a very long time. I plan to go back up to my son's house and stay the night next week and that should afford me enough time to get on that site for a few hours. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom