Dog Parks

RayK

Anybody every search dog parks? If so care to let us know what you found?

I have been thinking these mite be good for jewelry depending on the area the park is in. My thinking is that as people are messing with their dogs, they would have more chance of loosing a necklace or ring. Just looking for some confirmation or what others have found out.

Ray

Yeah I would guess in general they’d be good for jewelry like sports fields. Found a nice 1912 dog tag and a gold ring last year. The smell of all the dog pee is pretty awful year round at the parks I’ve hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hunted a couple, and have found that many dogs don't like a swinging detector. :laughing:

I'm always more careful when I hunt a dog park (or dog beach) because some of those dogs are quite aggressive! In the past I've found heaps of dog tags, a fair bit of change, a silver ring and some junk jewellery.

I was thinking that these might be good to check after soon the snow melts so you will not have worry about stepping in anything and it would still be early for most people to be bringing their dogs to the park.

All thought if you have a lot of competition in your area from other detectors you may not want to wait until next years snows melt.

Ray

There are two dog parks in my area and I haven't given them a thought regarding hunting them. I don't want to be hunting with dogs running around me or maybe have to deal with some poodle lover who's going to whine that I'm messing up their park.

There is a giant "dog off leash" area of Griffith park @ Los Angeles that I've hunted. Tons and tons of clad. So much so that I began to dig just quarter signals only. Thinking that I'll at least get silver quarters. But even then, just wore myself down digging clad quarters. Perhaps this section of Griffith park isn't as old as other sections. I dunno.

I suppose someone could say "why not lower the disc. and angle for a gold ring?". Because eventually, after enough aluminum (@ junky turfed parks) you'd have to ask yourself " Why not simply go to the beach, if gold rings are your agenda?"

Back
Top Bottom