got out for a little "BEEPHEAD"ing.....

bobac

Elite Member
I'd been wanting to make my way over to a few curbstrips I'd been researching last year....Most of the houses in the area were 1880 and 1870 ish.....this areas pretty much ghetto trashville, but I thought I'd have a go at it early in the morning......
I hit the strips I had researched and came up empty but then saw an abandoned house right where I had parked....I was only brazen enough to do the curbstrip in front of the house.....Soon enough hI got a 12-47 at 3 inches....I rammed the shovel down in there and saw a big dull silvery color object and pulled it out and HOLY COW !!! A Walker!!! but that was about it for the stripping.....so I headed back to a park that has coughed up a few seated coins for me......
No luck there either.......So I headed up the street.....I've had a few permissions on this street and I've found some very old coins on this old street, and amazingly a couple last year were right on or near the surface. So today I made sure to check out all beeps, no matter how shallow. I had a couple 12-44s at 1 inch which I grabbed and they were clad, then I had a surface penny signal , I fired up the pinpointer but before I could bend over I saw the penny in the dirt. I picked it up and saw a perfectly smooth copper disc ....I thought yup knockout...Then I flipped it and saw a very faint date and was shocked to see 18?? I don't have a clue on this one....ANY IDEAS ANYONE??
The Walker makes an even 20 halves for my career!

Attachments

• IMGP5103.jpg
    IMGP5103.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 304
  • IMGP5104.jpg
    IMGP5104.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMGP5110 BBBBBB.jpg
    IMGP5110 BBBBBB.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 291
  • unk front sm.jpg
    unk front sm.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 325
  • unk Back small.jpg
    unk Back small.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 297
  • front sm.jpg
    front sm.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 313
  • back sm.jpg
    back sm.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 255
Now that a fine recovery on the 100yr old Half. Congrats
That would put a smile on anyone's face pulling it out the dirt.

That's an early walking liberty half for sure !

Great to see a date on her .

Well done on the hunt and great wrap up photo with all the trash included.
Congradulations!
, Dew

Back
Top Bottom