Street cred

Treasure2some

Elite Member
1269b8128ea41350f35eb76cf0a714c2.heic
1269b8128ea41350f35eb76cf0a714c2.heic
de687af241642b67e77337e50a6de62b.heic
d97de83074fac009a413760ff20b82b1.heic
0589936a49bea02fe58dcbd55b062c83.heic

Been working on street tear out for a while. Interesting junk pictured, nothing valuable, except the fun of the hunt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool stuff, I've been eyeballing a future readout project, I've never done one. I wish there were a way to search the web for tearouts !

Some history:
Manufacture began in 1896. Active ingredients: phenolpthalein and cascara. Cascara Sagrada is a tree native to British Columbia, and its bark was long used by Native Americans as a laxative. By 1877 the Parke-Davis Company was marketing its preparations of cascara to the masses. Cascara was so popular the trees became overharvested during the 1900s. In 1999, Cascara made up more than 20% of the laxative market, and was found in more drug preparations than any other natural product in North America.

Some history:

Manufacture began in 1896. Active ingredients: phenolpthalein and cascara. Cascara Sagrada is a tree native to British Columbia, and its bark was long used by Native Americans as a laxative. By 1877 the Parke-Davis Company was marketing its preparations of cascara to the masses. Cascara was so popular the trees became overharvested during the 1900s. In 1999, Cascara made up more than 20% of the laxative market, and was found in more drug preparations than any other natural product in North America.

Thank you for the interesting info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! Beauty IHP's! Whats up with that discolored Merc? They usually come out nice and shiny? I like that glass bottle! Hows things going since last we met and talked in field? PM me an update if you wish...

Hey! Beauty IHP's! Whats up with that discolored Merc? They usually come out nice and shiny? I like that glass bottle! Hows things going since last we met and talked in field? PM me an update if you wish...

The bottle is actually an ink well.
The one Indian is a Fatty and was my first target. She found the merc.
I think salt or fertilizer got to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing valuable"???

Man, I'd be pleased as punch with just about any of those finds! There's just so little history in my neighborhood.

What I find historically fascinating - and a potential rabbit hole of research - is the depiction of the soldier on crutches. That's long, long before Mattel's short-lived friend-of-Barbie "Share-A-Smile Becky," who used a wheelchair and was a photographer, IIRC. I guess it may be a reflection of a time when soldiers and veterans who had been seriously injured were everyday sights.

nice finds.. love the token... and the inkwell, I used to collect them, set them aside for granddaughter. and the old inner tube valve stem cap... we used to throw them away cause we did not know what they were. they actually sell on the internet to car collectors. I have about 4 now on my shelf. laughing:

Back
Top Bottom