M6 or Tesoro Cibola..which one?

mrmerck

I am new to the hobby and this would be my first md purchase.I am interested in one or the other of the 2 units mentioned in the title.Giving you as much info as I can provide,which unit would you choose..

1.As mentioned,I am new and inexperienced
2.Main focus will be coinshooting.. playgrounds,parks,etc.
3.Ground here is not highly mineralized
4.I like simplicity and chose these 2 because other users say both have a smaller learning curve than most.

thanks for your time and sharing of opinion

I would just get an Ace 250 or the new Ace 350 and be done. It's a great machine, easy as heck to use, many years of a proven track record and it's pretty inexpensive.

Guaranteed results with an ACE 250! Mine paid for itself in less than a year! In fact, my ACE 150 that my 10 year old used for 2 years paid for itself with him using it, just in coins and some small broken gold items.

I just got my Compadre with the ED-180 discrimination and the ability to operate just at or above iron nail reject has reopened my usual hunting areas. I think the Cibola would be the best choice unless you are strictly a coin hunter.

I love my M6-piece of cake to use and great nachine-especially for coin shooting and jewelry. Spot on pinpointing too.

I had the Cibola, great machine. I sold it to get an M6....:p..... I'll let you know if I made the right decision when I have it for a while (in transit as we speak). So far I can say that the Cibola goes deep, is super light, pinpoints well, has great recovery, and is well built. The downside to me was "learning" the coin sounds from trash, I dug a lot of trash. I was getting pretty good at distinguishing pull tabs from coins, but not much else. My current White's, the Classic Id, works well and is pretty accurate with the ID. I dug all signals with it for a few months to verify that. I'm upgrading to the M6 to get a VDI reading and maybe some more depth......Unless you're a die hard relic guy, I'd lean towards an M6, but that's just me! BTW any of the above machines are waay better than the ACE, I had one of those, too! Again, JMHO......;)

Just bought it today, thanks for the tip. Ive been wanting to upgrade, but $$ been tight, and it was a great deal!

Ken
I think you would have been happy with either one, so IMO you made a good decision. The display will help you out in making the best "guesstimate", and 7 tones will never bore you. Remember to LISTEN to your M6, just listen to it. Good luck and HH!!

Back
Top Bottom