First detector

sn4il

Hi,
I'm looking to buy my first detector.
I'm planning to use it mostly for coin hunting at Rockaway Beach, where I live.
However I want to be able to use same equipment at woods and dry land.
I will appreciate all advices from experienced users.
My budget for this is $500-600.
Thank You
Maciej

First of all, welcome to the forum. I am kind of prejudiced when it comes to suggesting a new detector for you. I use a Detector Pro Diver and it meets all those requirements. It is light, simple to operate, good in water or dry land, long battery life, etc. The components are in the headset, so all you have to swing is the rod and the coil. I got mine used, for much less than your budget and love it. I am sure you will get plenty of good advice from our members. Read the information they provide and pick whatever you think sounds like what you want and get out there finding the "treasure".:D Good Luck!!

There's gobbs of threads about buying new detectors. I'ld offer advise, but only know my own detector.
Good Luck!!

Hi,
I'm looking to buy my first detector.
I'm planning to use it mostly for coin hunting at Rockaway Beach, where I live.
However I want to be able to use same equipment at woods and dry land.
I will appreciate all advices from experienced users.
My budget for this is $500-600.
Thank You
Maciej

More info please....
Would you prefer a threshold or VDI unit?

Hi,
I decided to go with Garret Ace 250 and Garret Pro Pointer.
As per my tracking # I will have the unit tomorrow.

Thanks
Maciej

finding a detector

Hi i started out with a ace 250 thats a nice macine,then upgraded to a whites dfx got lucky paid 600 for it & it works great!My biggest find was a 14 carot gold ring with maybe a amethyst stone.I went over the same erea withe ace did'nt find anything,then with the dfx i found a 1903 barber dime,1898 indian head penny,1936 murcury dime & a lot of other change.but the ace 250 is a great detector too i had better luck with the dfx good luck & have fun!

You'll love the Pro Pointer. I just bought one a few days ago and it's a great addition, especially for coin shooting.

You can't go wrong with Garrett.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom