cz21 first hunt

Steve

Forum Supporter
Arrived at a small beach near the Vietnam border yesterday. Was pleased to see lots of people wearing gold in the water. Wasn't so pleased to see 6 other guys hitting the 3am low tide. 1st day used the df. Hit a few coins and 1 nice watch. 2nd hunt decided to try the cz21. Still not sure I'm using it correct. It wouldn't ground.balance. 10 or 1 and the same results. Wet sand sensitivity 10, shallow water about 7. I liked the all metal and then flip it over to 0 disc when get a target. Had the box shaft mounted as far back as possible. No gold or silver or actually anything worth mentioning. Would rate the cz a 7 out of 10.. only because of.the coil and weight. Also got to test out some of my new.shafts... I was pleased with the results.
Watch was a Casio that I will be wearing shortly.

I like hunting in "Auto Tune" as well. If it didn't GB maybe the soil isn't mineralized? That's my take on that here in SouthFla.

Casio

Attachments

• wx_camera_1492134732024.jpg
    wx_camera_1492134732024.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 126
No GB leave it on 10. FORGET the weight. Hip mount it or buy a chest mount. Makes it easy to swing. I have a divers weight belt on all my CZ's. I never use the pinpoint button. I know where the beep is and can scoop it without ever using that thing. I use the 8" only in weeds, other than that I use the 10.5 exclusively.

Try again. I think you would be a lot happier with the 10.5" coil though.

No GB leave it on 10. FORGET the weight. Hip mount it or buy a chest mount. Makes it easy to swing. I have a divers weight belt on all my CZ's. I never use the pinpoint button. I know where the beep is and can scoop it without ever using that thing. I use the 8" only in weeds, other than that I use the 10.5 exclusively.

Try again. I think you would be a lot happier with the 10.5" coil though.

Traded someone for the cz. I would have preferred the larger coil. Got this for some of the noisier beaches I hunt once a year or so. Will be taking the df next hunt as it has the 12" and there is little to no garbage here
The shafts cut right through the water. there is a noticeable difference. Lightweight too

Back
Top Bottom