Garrett Treasure Bag Belt = Garbage

OP3CRIMSIN

I've been using the Garrett treasure bag but the belt it came with is absolute cr@p. So I ordered a quality one from Galls, cut the old one off the bag, and sewed belt loops onto it as it came with no way of attaching a different belt.

Attachments

• IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1749.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,085
  • IMG_1754.jpg
    IMG_1754.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,140
  • IMG_1755.jpg
    IMG_1755.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 950
I spent all night killing my hands on one stinking loop and finally decided to have a seamstress just up the road redo it because I didn't have a machine and wanted to make sure it could hold upwards of fifteen pounds of scrap soda cans :)

Attachments

• IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 988
  • IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 971
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 979
Looks good!! I've seen others modify theirs in a similar way.

I use the Relic Elite pouch from OmegaMill and I absolutely love it. I'd definitely recommend you check out their stuff when it's time to replace the Garrett pouch.

I've been using the Garrett treasure bag but the belt it came with is absolute cr@p. So I ordered a quality one from Galls, cut the old one off the bag, and sewed belt loops onto it as it came with no way of attaching a different belt.

That's what I'm going to do with mine if I can find time when I'm not using it. It works alright but the belt needs to be stronger with my digger, Sampson and pinpointer all hanging on it. (Not to mention a bag full of junk) I just have to figure out how to do it. I'll probably sew some belt loops myself. They may not look like much but as long as they work I don't care.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why your detector is hanging up though?
Mine is in the car at all times, ready to roll:yes:

I'm not sure why your detector is hanging up though?
Mine is in the car at all times, ready to roll:yes:

It's not because it doesn't get used frequently, I'll tell you that! It's because I still haven't fully hunted out my first permission yet, this giant church field right in front of my house. The field yields bro! And as the weather gets cooler and the undergrowth in the woods next to the field starts to die, I'll be in the woods then.

We got a lot of rain last night and this morning so I figured that it would be a good time to replace the belt on my finds bag. The old one was sewn onto the bag so I cut it off leaving enough to sew it to a heavier belt.
Belt 4.JPG Belt 5.JPG
I used waxed cord that I usually use with my leather work. (I'm a lot better at sewing leather) As you can see I'm not the best at sewing on heavy webbing but it's solid and I'm not worried about it coming apart.
Belt 6.JPG
The new belt (Bottom) is almost twice as thick as the old one.
Belt 2.JPG
Now if it will dry out enough to try it out. I hate detecting in mud.

Last edited:
You described the original belt perfectly...

Nice job, I'm just going to live with it till it wears out, the zippers can get mucked up easy too. I like the way the pin pointer sheath velcros on nicely tho

Nice job! I added belt loops to a minelab bag i have too, otherwise you have to skip belt loops on your pants and saggy pants are a pain!

The pictures of the bag are above. You can see where I sewed the old belt onto the heavier one.
I see what's going on now lol I couldn't tell what I was looking at exactly until your last comment somehow! Great job! I might petition Garrett to make a belt-loop oriented bag though that doesn't incorporate their garbage belt and force you to use it.

Dang with that rig on your hips, you will look like TJ Hooker running through the park! :lol:

Actually it doesn't look much different than it did before. That new belt being thicker is really hard to adjust because it doesn't bend as easy. My Sampson isn't pulling my belt down like it used to.

Last edited:
im shinkin maybe usin a carpenterz nail apron belt, or prolly better, an electrical linemanz belt

Yeah that belt that comes on the Garrett bag is junk , I still use mine sometimes but it could have been made a lot better. I usually use a homemade bag I put together with a sewing machine and a belt I bought seperately.

For no longer than these bags last, any type mod is a waste of time IMO...the zippers inside break easily, the lining inside gets ripped easily and they hardly last a season, so I kind of like it that they are somewhat disposable and at $10 if I get 6 mos use out of it, it was a deal.

Back
Top Bottom