Bounty Hunter QD2 Coil Question

JCCMMBailey

I have been hunting a house that was built circa 1820-30. I have found about 6 or 7 wheaties, a and a Barber Dime (1910). All have been at a depthe between 4-8 inches. I have also found some larger targets (horseshoe) at about 10-12 inches. This is all near the house. The ground is very soft. I know ther is older items here...I found an 1822 Large Cent and 1853 3 cent piece in the woods about 250 yards from the house.

I currently have the 8 inch coil which came with the detector...would getting the 10 inch coil make much of a difference for the depth? Would anyone recommend getting it?:?:

Thanks in advance....

Hi J. I have had a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 for about a year. Last week I ordered a 10.25 inch coil for it. I got it a few days later, put it on and took it out for the first time this morning. I air tested it first and one thing that I can say is that in all metal, it really reaches out there like a thousand dollar machine. But in other modes there was a marked improvement in depth. I put it on the ground this morning and it reacted differently but I like it. All metal gets better depth than my ace 250. That surprised me.

I had one on my QD2. You will see a GREAT difference if you got one. $40 is nothing for a coil. You will be able to swing wider and deeper. I think it added another 3 inches for me. If it were me i would definately get one. I liked my coil so much i bought one for all my Bounty Hunters when i had them.

Back
Top Bottom