Beach Machine

whiteriver

Hi Folks
I'm in a bit of a dilemma- going to be a winter Texan for about a month this fall and would like to get a decent PI machine for working the coast. Been looking at Whites BHID & Dual Surf PI but after searching found they have some coil leaking problems although the Dual Surf PI appears to be a popular detector on this forum. Also looked into Tesoro sharks and they seem to still be having problems with no fix on the horizon in the near future. All of these detectors are within my budget and I do like the Whites family since I use an MXT for dry digging. Anybody care to throw in some advise?B]

Hi Folks
I'm in a bit of a dilemma- going to be a winter Texan for about a month this fall and would like to get a decent PI machine for working the coast. Been looking at Whites BHID & Dual Surf PI but after searching found they have some coil leaking problems although the Dual Surf PI appears to be a popular detector on this forum. Also looked into Tesoro sharks and they seem to still be having problems with no fix on the horizon in the near future. All of these detectors are within my budget and I do like the Whites family since I use an MXT for dry digging. Anybody care to throw in some advise?B]

The leaky coil has been fixed... it was some of the first machines Whites put out... if you want depth go with the DF...

Whites Beach Detector

Thanks guys - I just read somewhere on this forum that Whites was coming out with a new beach MD, anyone hear anything about it. A month after I got an MXT they came out with the Pro MXT!!!
JP

I also use the MXT for "dry" hunting. I opted for the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. Bought it used for under $500. Price was a consideration for me, but I also read a lot of good reviews for this machine. Have had it out twice on the beach and it performed very well.

First part of the season isn't until late November according to the hunting dates put out by AG&F. I'm building a blind next month and will have it in place ahead of opening date so when I come back everything will be ready to go. From what I've seen the last couple years ducks don't seem to get into my area in any numbers until later in the season. Of course when you get to be an old codger like me getting up in the middle of the night to chase ducks gets a little harder, kinda why I'm getting into mding, not so hard on my sleeping habits and in the long run I think it might be a little cheaper.
JP

Back
Top Bottom