For 100FTY I needed 3 coins...1879-O Morgan was one

Wow man! Congrats on that Morgan and to your buddies on their Barbers.

My first Morgan is a... oh wait a second... haven’t found my first Morgan yet

Jim

Oh !!!!, that’s awesome! Congrats on the Morgan! Wow!

:grin:Thanks Jason! I might even trade it for that SLQ if you get it straightened out perfectly! Cuz I’m a nice guy like that....
You know how unlikely a find like both of those(rare READABLE SLQ and an old Morgan in perfect shape)are. Yet,there they are. I just don’t know what to say about either of them,except that “they are out there,you have to look”. You did good with that one for SHORE!:grin:

Wow man! Congrats on that Morgan and to your buddies on their Barbers.

My first Morgan is a... oh wait a second... haven’t found my first Morgan yet

Jim

Thanks to you Jim and your recycled electrons!:lol: THAT is some funny sh*t.
Keep swinging man,you’ve got perfectly good tools to find about anything. It just takes ALOT of time to happen upon this stuff,and the good sense to dig it up when you do. Thankfully,I did!
Good luck finding your first my friend,it’s a day you will NOT forget!

Congrats on the 100 silvers for the season with the 3 that got you there...especially that very big one. Outstanding!

Thanks a lot Bruce,the CTX redeemed itself in a big way on that hunt! In areas such as the one we were at with little to no EMI,the CTX to ME is KING of ID in the numeric sense. Most things were reading a few points off,but with that much trash around,it’s no wonder! Luckily it was in my “target range” so I dug. I’m quite happy it turned out that way...because out of the ground the Morgan reads 11-41 on the CTX,which I might not have chased,given ALL of the cans in this place. You just never know!

Huge slab o' congrats for that one Man! Nice work on hitting 100 in a big way, too! Love the discovery in the video: "I dig a lot of car parts around here, so..." "beep beep beep..mmhmm...HOLY!...What am I even lookin' at here?"
It would probably grade as uncirculated...some poor fool lost it on their way into the fair.

Thanks again for solving the camera mystery,I was pretty worried for a bit when I couldn’t find it!

Not a problem. Glad I saw it on the console. Otherwise you would have made the trip, not found it and assumed someone else found it and took it. Then later you would have found it cleaning out the car. Hopefully before you bought another. That is not a cheap item to lose.

Big congrats on that huge silver coin!! Pretty cool that you got it on a video.

Thanks Toad! By the way,I was meaning to tell you....CROAK!:lol: Or was that RIBBIT? We may never know...oh well.:grin:
I film all the time so it wasn’t too unusual to capture it,what WAS unusual was that it read 12-43 on the CTX in the ground(wheat penny-ish) and out of the ground it read 11-41(still copper-ish but could be a junker too)...MORE Conductive while still in the hole 7-8” deep! Big silver is a weird bird...

Awesome Morgan Kevin! Congrats on hitting 100 FTY as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again DeWayne,it is still a little hard to comprehend in what manner it was lost. It boggles my mind,which is not difficult to do!:grin:
I hope you’re doing well and getting some time to hunt! I don’t know how disrupted you have been by the weather but we certainly don’t need any more of that. We are dreading the upcoming winter months here so we gotta make hay while we can!
BTW,we need more videos of that magical field so when you get time...:grin:

Huge slab o' congrats for that one Man! Nice work on hitting 100 in a big way, too! Love the discovery in the video: "I dig a lot of car parts around here, so..." "beep beep beep..mmhmm...HOLY!...What am I even lookin' at here?"
It would probably grade as uncirculated...some poor fool lost it on their way into the fair.

Thanks man! It is SO nice in person it’s just ridiculous. I had dug many pieces of car trim,pieces of pot cast emblems,etc. that it was a good probability I’d be digging another,but this signal was very clean,didn’t jump numbers like an odd shaped object would...so at some point you just have to see. This is my mantra for that particular place because you likely know how old fairgrounds can be! Very very trashy with some good items in it,and the older the gooder!:grin:

Not a problem. Glad I saw it on the console. Otherwise you would have made the trip, not found it and assumed someone else found it and took it. Then later you would have found it cleaning out the car. Hopefully before you bought another. That is not a cheap item to lose.

My thought was,”Did I just dig a Morgan on camera and then lose the damn camera??”:lol: That would be just about how it would work too. It’s a good thing you have such an attention to detail cuz I sure don’t! We’ll go try to lose it again in a couple of weekends...:grin:

Thanks again DeWayne,it is still a little hard to comprehend in what manner it was lost. It boggles my mind,which is not difficult to do!:grin:

I hope you’re doing well and getting some time to hunt! I don’t know how disrupted you have been by the weather but we certainly don’t need any more of that. We are dreading the upcoming winter months here so we gotta make hay while we can!

Man between the scorching heat and annoying mosquitoes it’s been a miserable past few months here in NWGA! I feel sorry for you guys up north with the frozen ground and snow, but here in the south Winter is my favorite time to hunt!

Just waiting on the bugs and brush to die off then it’s back to that field. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on a great Morgan find! Have yet to find one, though I did get my first Ike Dollar coin today. And congratulations on getting to a Hunski on the shiny! It does take hard work and perserverance, and you have both!

Congrats on a great Morgan find! Have yet to find one, though I did get my first Ike Dollar coin today. And congratulations on getting to a Hunski on the shiny! It does take hard work and perserverance, and you have both!

Thanks man,I appreciate that you know without the actual physical work and just grinding it out,these things don’t happen. I’ve been watching your count and yeah,it’s getting high,WAY higher than mine and most. But then tally up the hours,the driving,the digging,the sweating....the bugs,the batteries,the....I could go on longer. For the guy who wants to just waltz down the block to that 1970s park and hunt for lunch money,well there’s that too,as I’ve said before. I did that for a little bit when I started,it was just cool finding coins! But when you sink into that world of SPECIFIC coins...OLD coins...SILVER and OLD COPPER coins...maybe even a GOLD coin.....now that guy has to ask himself how bad he wants it,how bad he wants to succeed....to test himself against hundreds of other hunters who were in the area for DECADES,and others who may still be around. It is HARD TO DO. You know the old saying,”If it was easy....”
I’ll keep crackin’,you crack it too. I’ve never found an IKE and I don’t envision one coming along any time soon,those are just not that common to find. Maybe tomorrow one shows up,but I’m not putting any money on it. Nice work bagging yours!

I think I figured it out. As a recap for the others, it was 60 yards in from the orginal entrance near a fence which would have overgrown growth and trees.

After an event late in the evening, a young feller and young lady were on there way home after having some refreshments.......well I'm sure everybody can figure the rest of the story. Maybe there is a Three Merry Widows Tin there too!

Thanks IDX, that Eisenhower rang up a screaming "95" on the Pro, it was only about an inch down. I had never seen a solid 95 and wondered what the heck I would find!

For sure about the hard work, perserverance, and being fortunate to make good finds. Today was "one of those days" with no silver, about 12 wheaties, and the more modern coins. We had permission (went out with my Nox 600 friend today) at SEVEN yards, all homes from the late teens to 1940's, and the old coins were scarce. No shiny and sparse on the wheaties. The parking strips had been hammered, and then to top it off, we had some utter be-atch of a woman drive up and start screaming and cursing at my partner about detecting on "her" property, the curb strip. She must have called 911 as we saw her screaming into her cell phone. I told my buddy, we are NOT leaving (though we both stopped detecting) as we have checked with the city attorney's office and the police department and knew we were in the right. 911 must have told her the curb strip belongs to the city, as a few minutes later she got out of the car with her dog, and stomped into her house. We waited about 5 minutes for the police to show up, they didn't, and we decided to call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom