• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher f5

The F 5 and F 7 was at the top of my list when I was upgrading from a bounty hunter.

I ended up going with the AT Pro because it's waterproof, and it's a good thing I did because I decided I loved water hunting more than anything!

I still wonder how I would have liked the Fisher. I would like to try one on land someday but I'm the only fool I know who MD's. :laughing:

Good hunting to you! :grin:

I almost picked one up for $275 a few months ago, but too late :( looks like an excellent machine, I haven't owned a Fisher yet but did read up on the F5 out of excitement. Are they known for EMI issues? My friends F2 did have some issues with it, anyone tried a filter on the cable? Would be a shame if a good machine like that was plagued with such an issue.

Anyhow let us know how you like it. :)

I rarely have issues with emi and I usually have the threshold and gain full.

In the rare case that I do get any jumping I just turn down the threshold a bit and it's fine. Also there are times that I can just change frequencies and that fixes the jumping.

Well I decided to not get it.. I'm planning on doing a lot of beach hunting and I didn't want to risk dropping it and ruining it. He also was over 3 hours late in contacting me about it anyways so I was busy by the time he decided to meet. There's another member here that is interested it and I hope he gets it and puts it to good use :D

Well I decided to not get it.. I'm planning on doing a lot of beach hunting and I didn't want to risk dropping it and ruining it. He also was over 3 hours late in contacting me about it anyways so I was busy by the time he decided to meet. There's another member here that is interested it and I hope he gets it and puts it to good use :D

So whats the next machine u have in mind?

Well it will definitely be used for shallow beach water, parks and lakes so I'm pretty sure the ATP will be what will suit my needs. I really wanted the f5 and probably would have purchased it had the seller been more timely but after really thinking it over I realized it wouldn't be the best machine for me.

AT Pro doesn't work well at the saltwater beaches...

Look into a used Whites DFX, used Fisher CZ6a/CZ3D, or used Minelab Sovereign/Explorer, and just stay on the wet sand until you find enough gold to pay for a CZ21/Excal. Plenty of gold to be found on the wet sand.

Yep

The Atpro is not a good choice for salt water beach hunting, a Cz21 10 inch coil ,is probably what you want, in a hip or chest mounted configuration 8 inch 1025.00 , 10inch 1060.00, happy hunting Earl

If you're using it on fresh water lakes the ATP is definitely worth a look. If you plan to hunt salt beaches often I'd look for a CZ21, or an Excal if you want something waterproof due to the fact that single freq. machines do not do well or go deep in wet salt sand. If you can find an old Fisher CZ70 i'd check them out too since they go super deep on land and the beach, and are rain/weather proof to offer some protection, however I wouldn't take it in the water.

You made the right choice. Keep going with the 250 until you can get a proper wet salt sand beach machine. It really pays to hold out for an Excalibur or CZ-21. The have a high price, but they also maintain their value.

I started with the ACE250...

Still have it and still get out and swing it from time to time. Bought a used Surf PI Pro for $175 in year 2 of detecting, then a month later I bought a used Sovereign Elite from the same guy for $175. Now I'm looking at a NEW E-Trac for a whole lot more $$$ :shock::shock::yes:

Let the 250 pay for the new machine and don't try to get something to do both wet salt beaches and parks. That 250 is a screaming good machine for parks and will hold it's own on the beaches in the dry sand... The Sovereign series is GREAT for the beach and I've seen other used (Sov GT's) ones for $450 and up.

Good Luck! Keep us posted how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom