* Double Gold *

meggie

Elite Member
The low tides were not in my favor today, so I tried some dry sand hunting (not my favorite)
and lo and behold I scored two golds. First an old 9ct ring and then a 9ct earring.
I then worked my way down the slope and hit a dark muddy spot .. boom two florins close to each other.
Another great day out, also a bit warmer today too 25°

Attachments

• 29a.jpg
    29a.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 535
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 535
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 502
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 514
Always enjoy seeing your posts M. I like, what looks like, the small amethyst in the first ring.

Wondering if you have ever detected other areas of Australia for nuggets ?

R5

sheesk, you've been on-fire there in Australia for quite a while on your beaches ! Love the before and after pix of the old silver coin. Keep it up.

Always enjoy seeing your posts M. I like, what looks like, the small amethyst in the first ring.

Wondering if you have ever detected other areas of Australia for nuggets ?

R5

Thanks, I have never been interested in nugget hunting.Too much hard work, it's not as easy has it looks .. don't be fooled by those "Aussie Gold Hunting" shows, many nuggets are planted to boost ratings.I used to do a lot of dirt,park hunting etc. for many years but now I much prefer the beach.

The low tides were not in my favor today, so I tried some dry sand hunting (not my favorite)
and lo and behold I scored two golds. First an old 9ct ring and then a 9ct earring.
I then worked my way down the slope and hit a dark muddy spot .. boom two florins close to each other.
Another great day out, also a bit warmer today too 25°

Nice finds, Meggie. Wish I'd had a double gold today. I thought for SURE I was in a spot where I'd pull some gold. Four rings, but only silver in the bunch... :(

Skippy

A bit warmer @ 23C!

We are in the middle of our summer and we managed to hit 17C yesterday.

....and well done on the gold.

:dingding: I think sometime 1-2 years ago you found a similar ring like that. I just think that style is very nice.

:smart: Don't tell anybody....:lol:

Last time I took that, I ended up with kidney stones.

So I guess I’ve got a choice here; pain or memory. No memory no pain. :cool3:

I‘m pretty sure I found gold yesterday... :shrug:

R5

Back
Top Bottom