Fisher F5 versus Garrett AT PRO, input please

bulbman94

I am kind of new, although I have an older model Fisher CZ6.
I am considering a newer model. I thought about the Fisher F5 because I had such good luck with the CZ6. Then I got looking around and found some info on the Garrett AT Pro. I live south of Houston, close to Galveston Island.

I like the fact that the Garrett can go up to ten feet under water.
I like the price of the Fisher.

Any thoughts from anyone.

Have hunted with the Pro and loved it.
Not used the F5 but have hunted with the F4. Between those two the Pro comes out the winner. Good Luck!

Bulbman...

I owned the F5 for a couple of years and have owned the AT Pro for about 4-5 months. I sold the F5 to get the AT Pro. I thought I would like the F5 because it was so adjustable, but it turned out that it's adjustability was it's downfall with me. There were so many adjustments you could make on it that I was never sure if I had it set right. My CZ3D (and your CZ6) is much more easily adjusted and easy to understand, and so is the AT Pro but in a little different way. I have yet to hunt in an area with the Pro that wasn't littered with nails, so I can't say how good it really is yet. I will probably keep it just because it's a land/water detector and will be good for a backup at the beach or if someone else wants to hunt with me.

I like Fisher, and I guess if you like twiddling with knobs and settings all the time the F5 would be a good machine for you. It's not good in salt water because I tried it at Myrtle Beach with a lot of falsing. Dry sand was great, but not the salt water. Don't remember how it worked in wet salty sand.

No experience with a fisher but my AT-Pro. Never go with anything else. Just found my first class ring this weekend, 10"+ down and its a 1940 class ring. Also got an old sterling ring and have 6 silver dimes and two silver qtrs just this year. NO silver has come out of water. All of it has come out of dirt. Just have not hit the silver in water so far but my friend hit a major hunk via "Harley Davidson" Dome Skull ring this weekend with his ATPro. Very solid machine and with it's quick response time and awesome depth. You would be very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom