It’s all getting to be too much

I was planning on buying a Legend this year.... still might. But there is something to be said for having a detector that I'm very comfortable with and understand. With a bit over 2 years on my Nox 600 I wasn't sure I wanted to spend my limited time learning a new machine when I like and have confidence in what I'm using now. I know what the machine is telling me and have it down to minimal adjustments.

If life slows down later this year I'll probably pick up a Legend and give it a try.

Legend is impressive, I found a nickel at 1ft, by far the deepest coin I have ever found and at the very limit of how far I want to dig. Had a Simplex and I liked it so I figured I'd try the jacked up Simplex which the Legend basically is. I am far from a techie and learning curve guy, I tired both the Nox and Deus and didn't care for either and sold both at a loss. I don't plan on sifting through any tone break schemes or any advanced settings, whats important to me is recovery speed [I think they call it something else?] which is easy to access, sensitivity and the ability to shift freqs on the fly is nice as well.

Had a Simplex and I liked it so I figured I'd try the jacked up Simplex which the Legend basically is.

The Legend is a completely different detector than the Simplex.

Last edited:
Hi Jim.

The Legend is a completely different detector than the Simplex.

Side by side you can barely tell the difference between them, its menu structure is the same. Yes obviously it has features and capabilities the simplex doesn't everyone knows that but, having owned and used them both myself, I consider it an evolution, an improvement of an existing design.

I just read the OP. I can't say I disagree. I got the equinox, and then a Deus....and just recently got the first D2 that came in to my local West Michigan shop.

And it performs. It really does what the folks at XP says it does.

But you know what?

Sometimes, just every so often, when I'm three layers deep in a menu and forgot what the frak I was doing....

I really long for the three knobs and a switch of the MXT.

(Caution Trek NERD !!!! coming. You've been warned.)

It's like the Star Trek:The Next Generation episode when they find Scotty. He goes up to the HoliDeck and asks for the Enterprise bridge, with 'no bloody A, no bloody B, no bloody C, and no bloody D....'

Maybe I'm just getting old....

Thanks for listening, guys and dolls.

--Matt

There will always be people who like to get a good deal of customization out of their machines.

If OP feels comfy with his XP I just dont get why the rant with more sofisticated machines :?: not that he is being pushed to get one.

Sometimes it is fun to play with features of a detector. For example you can change the settings and go over a spot you already hammered and squeeze out a few more good targets. But I also love being able to just turn it on and go.

So far the equinox is the best power on and go detector I have ever used. It is super simple to use. I remember when I first used the nox I simply turned it on ran park 1 and only adjusted sensitivity up and down. I found so many coins my atpro, etrac, and ctx missed running that way with no other adjustments. The only machine I have ever used that was more simple was the atpro. But it isn't near as effective or deep as the nox in my soil. I used the atpro solely for 4 years before switching to the nox as well. So I was very comfortable with it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Sometimes it is fun to play with features of a detector. For example you can change the settings and go over a spot you already hammered and squeeze out a few more good targets. But I also love being able to just turn it on and go.

So far the equinox is the best power on and go detector I have ever used. It is super simple to use. I remember when I first used the nox I simply turned it on ran park 1 and only adjusted sensitivity up and down. I found so many coins my atpro, etrac, and ctx missed running that way with no other adjustments. The only machine I have ever used that was more simple was the atpro. But it isn't near as effective or deep as the nox in my soil. I used the atpro solely for 4 years before switching to the nox as well. So I was very comfortable with it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

YES! We may all look back one day and appreciate all the work that went into getting the Equinox correct. THE FIRST TIME!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom