Simplex / Legend depth question

John Madill

Elite Member
Which is likely to go deeper: A Simplex+ with a Detech 15"coil or a Legend with its stock coil?

On the fence about adding a coil to the Simplex or taking the plunge with a Legend.

I had a Nox 600 and the Simplex and sold the 600 because the Simplex lived up to its name and was simple to operate.

But if i get the Legend i could find myself in the same boat, a machine too complicated to be fun.

I like the build quality of the Simplex and am sure i would like that in the Legend too.

While I'd put the Simplex+ as the best buy for the money on the market right now, I'd say the Legend is the better detector and will give you room to grow. I'm not convinced yet, that the Multi-frequency for anyone but salt beach hunters is all that big, but it doesn't hurt.

With the legend you can run single freqs which at times will give better depth. The multi should give more accurate IDs on deep targets. These 2 things should make the depth relative. There are other advantages as well. I would skip the new coil, ditch the simplex as I did and get the Legend.

I would think a simplex with the big coil would be deeper than the legend

Back
Top Bottom