Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 04-16-2018, 04:54 PM

Malaysia is the location for a heck of a lot of high-tech offshore manufacture by world-class companies. So is China.

The difference is that China is also notorious for its failure to enforce intellectual property rights, as well as outright deception, fraud and fakery in manufacture of products.

Malaysia is a respectable member of the international trading system. I worked with Honeywell years ago - we moved large amounts of part manufacture there with excellent results.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Elite Member

For those that don't know.
John Deere gators, the more expensive ones, (certain models) actually use Chinese car engines in them. These are indeed sold and used in the USA. And guess what they are good engines too. The interesting thing about them is they have timing belts instead of timing chains, unlike the Rotax and pro star engines, can am and Polaris utilizes in their side by side vehicles.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...e-engines.html

Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, XP MI-6,,remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

Old 04-16-2018, 05:34 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Saoirse View post
How about your Equinox 800 being made in Malaysia? Make a difference to you?
Yep,and its an American company in Maylasia.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 PM

Wow... This has Really gone off topic.

So...
How about that Quest Detector guys. Is it pretty good as far as other waterproof machines go? You know, like the Mx Sport and the new Equinox 600 and 800?

Old 04-16-2018, 10:53 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by sssmiller View post
Wow... This has Really gone off topic.

So...
How about that Quest Detector guys. Is it pretty good as far as other waterproof machines go? You know, like the Mx Sport and the new Equinox 600 and 800?
off topic? did you miss that quest = detekix = stolen T2 detector? So you want to know how well a counterfeit detector works?

My Twitter https://twitter.com/TheSilverFiend
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/detecting_silver/

Old 04-17-2018, 02:03 AM
Supporter

Minelab is owned by Codan, an Australian company.

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
Yep,and its an American company in Maylasia.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View post
off topic? did you miss that quest = detekix = stolen T2 detector? So you want to know how well a counterfeit detector works?
The only problem with your statement is that you are using old information. The new multi frequency Quest Pro is a new machine and not the same as the one that got a lot of criticism back in 2016. It is not a counterfeit T2 for sure. You can check out some videos by Marky Mark in the UK showing the excellent performance of the QP and a side by side comparison to the Equinox where neither detector failed to hit a target that the other one could hit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect

Old 04-17-2018, 09:57 AM

Chinese Manufacturing is of the highest quality -

Just ask these guys & that's just 1%
http://www.jiesworld.com/internation...s_in_china.htm

http://www.earthscan.co.nz/detector-information

Old 04-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Elite Member

Minelab is owned by Codan, an Australian company.
Yeah but Plexus is the American manufacturing company they use in Malaysia.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:17 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by sssmiller View post
So... How about that Quest Detector guys. Is it pretty good as far as other waterproof machines go? You know, like the Mx Sport and the new Equinox 600 and 800?
Depends on the environment. If at the ocean, ABSOLUTELY NOT (see below)

Originally Posted by pescadore View post
The new multi frequency Quest Pro is a new machine ...
That is a misleading claim. The Quest is not a multi-frequency machine as most would think. It is a single frequency machine that can be adjusted to operate at one of three different, but still, single frequencies. It is the same platform as the Multi-Kruzer.

Meanwhile the NOX has the ability to operate multiple frequencies SIMULTANEOUSLY. This is a big difference and has substantial performance benefits when operating in highly mineralized ground or conductive salt water.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by DaviDs View post
Depends on the environment. If at the ocean, ABSOLUTELY NOT (see below)

That is a misleading claim. The Quest is not a multi-frequency machine as most would think. It is a single frequency machine that can be adjusted to operate at one of three different, but still, single frequencies. It is the same platform as the Multi-Kruzer.

Meanwhile the NOX has the ability to operate multiple frequencies SIMULTANEOUSLY. This is a big difference and has substantial performance benefits when operating in highly mineralized ground or conductive salt water.
I never claimed that it has simultaneous frequency ability. I only used that term because the old Quest Pro was a 13Khz single frequency machine and the new QP has multiple frequencies. I guess the folks at Makro need to change the name of their machine. I think they called it the Multi Kruzer for a reason. I have no problems with the Equinox and have owned several Minelab machines and liked them. I hunt with a guy that uses the 800 and he is liking it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect

Old 04-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by pescadore View post
I never claimed that it has simultaneous frequency ability. I only used that term because ...
gotcha
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Supporter

Yeah but Plexus is the American manufacturing company they use in Malaysia.
By that logic then you will also accept that the iphone (owned by an American company) and made in China is Chinese then?

Old 04-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Elite Member

By that logic then you will also accept that the iphone (owned by an American company) and made in China is Chinese then?
Just sayin if someone wants to buy a Chinese detector its a risk they will take.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by lytle78 View post
Malaysia is the location for a heck of a lot of high-tech offshore manufacture by world-class companies. So is China.

The difference is that China is also notorious for its failure to enforce intellectual property rights, as well as outright deception, fraud and fakery in manufacture of products.

Malaysia is a respectable member of the international trading system. I worked with Honeywell years ago - we moved large amounts of part manufacture there with excellent results.
Hi Rick

You may just find that some of those Malaysian manufacturing plants are Chinese owned -

China is not notorious for its failure to enforce copyrights as they do not comply to copyright law and that is why the majority of western manufacturing goes there - No expensive litigation in the US Courts & having their future determined by a corrupt Judge etc

There are currently Chinese manufacturers who are making metal detectors to US manufacturers specific requirements and those metal detectors not only perform very well but are some of the most popular that they sell -

I certainly do not knock manufacturers until I have had at least one of their products in my hot little hands - The Chinese by all accounts lead the world in manufacturing thanks mainly to copyright laws -

http://www.earthscan.co.nz/detector-information

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by eSCANZ View post
Hi Rick

You may just find that some of those Malaysian manufacturing plants are Chinese owned -

China is not notorious for its failure to enforce copyrights as they do not comply to copyright law and that is why the majority of western manufacturing goes there - No expensive litigation in the US Courts & having their future determined by a corrupt Judge etc

There are currently Chinese manufacturers who are making metal detectors to US manufacturers specific requirements and those metal detectors not only perform very well but are some of the most popular that they sell -

I certainly do not knock manufacturers until I have had at least one of their products in my hot little hands - The Chinese by all accounts lead the world in manufacturing thanks mainly to copyright laws -
Actually China leads in manufacturing because of the old human flaw..greed..maximum profit.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Elite Member

Actually China leads in manufacturing because of the old human flaw..greed..maximum profit.
aka, government slavery and complete disregard for environmental protection all in the name of bringing in more $$$

My Twitter https://twitter.com/TheSilverFiend
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/detecting_silver/