Anyone Have Experience With These Pests? They Stress The Same Area of My Lawn Every Year.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
When it gets hot, this corner of my lawn always almost dies and these beetles emerge from the area. I have it treated for grubs each year (at least my lawn care company says they treat it) Anyone have any suggestions on what the best way to kill them is? Or what they even are? They are quite a pretty beetle and will even hiss at you if you pick them up! I'd rather they would leave my lawn alone though. Any information would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20180814_142417_resized.jpg
    20180814_142417_resized.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 223
  • 20180814_142447_resized.jpg
    20180814_142447_resized.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 191
Was there a tree in that corner of the yard once upon a time? It sounds like they feast on the roots of trees.

No tree was ever there. But their damage is always confined to that particular part of the lawn.

I know that with Japanese Beetle larvae, there is some sort of nematode you can put in the soil that attacks them. You can check to see if that would work on the larvae of these, too. The larvae are what kills the plants by attacking the roots.

-- Tom

Those are Protected Specie! They are the 'Striped Back Lawn Darter! In Wisconsin they call them 13 lined Ground Squirrels....:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom