Excal II Shielding?

jadocs

Forum Supporter
Question for you guys. Is the main pod sticker on the new Excal II shielded? I remember reading that the Blue 1000's were not shielded like the new Excal II's and were more susceptible to interference. I was not sure if the shielding was contained in the sticker itself.

I got the new Pirate stickers from Felix and am trying to decide which Excal to put them on. If the Excal II's sticker is shielded then my inclination is to put it on the Blue 1000.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Yes; it's not the arrow, it's the archer.

R5

Lol

ab563d7aafc501d85107d4502be94e0d.jpg

199b340fec8ab3591acf444c3e567224.jpg

You can buy shielding, I'll have to look it up. I did it many years ago...

I agree with raider, unless you hunt some place like Atlantic city Jersey. That would be it..

think I got this at digkey

Attachments

• DSC_6849.jpg
    DSC_6849.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 174
  • SNAG-0004 (4).jpg
    SNAG-0004 (4).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 132
I agree with raider, unless you hunt some place like Atlantic city Jersey. That would be it..

think I got this at digkey

Yes that's the pic. Thanks, so I gather that it's nothing to be concerned about?

171335822312 ebay # for sticker

121818837091 ebay # for the paint... don't think anyone has tried the paint yet but it will get in the corners easier.

Pi are more susceptible to interference. Wouldn't hurt to try。 I have ferrite shielding on my df coil wire in a couple spots. Makes a slight difference

171335822312 ebay # for sticker

121818837091 ebay # for the paint... don't think anyone has tried the paint yet but it will get in the corners easier.

:hmmm: link seems broken

R5

Got the Blues

Got rid of the Green machines , take that to the bank , the blues are like Gold :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: you put a green machine decal on a blue, the value drops to a Sand Shark :shock::lol::yes::laughing:

Id put it over the Xcal II sticker especially if its shielded. IMO...... the Xcal IIs needed the shielding more than the Blues. Some of the Xcal IIs also had a third wire going to the board for grounding. Some of us even ran into a grounding problem with the Xcal II when the pod was dunked... the threshold would raise briefly. Those Blue machines are just hard to beat and need fewer repairs.

Dew

Be hard to test if it helps other than the placebo effect. But appears the blues here can be affected farther by say another excal and power lines. In other words it appears the blue excal to me pics up another machine a whole lot farther than my green one does. And my blue is an 800 and my excal2 is a 10". And also I hear someone elses excal blue twice as far with my blue. But it also runs better than an excal2 so I dunno?

I have hunted in AC every week for years. Never needed sheilding.

Mark off AC then, the reason I mentioned AC was when the first excal II's came out I did a guys and I cut the yellow ground wire out (replaced the headphones) ........... and out of several machines I did he was the only one that had a complaint. So I connected it back up for him and never heard a word. I figured so much EMI there between the shielding and the grounded head phones had be something that worked. But good to hear cause I felt all was a waste....

Back
Top Bottom