A Quarter in your wallet

Tcshell

I'm in Fort Lauderdale on business and bring my AT Pro for the evening beach hunting.

As I searching, a gent calls me over and says he has lost his wallet! Lost I say, "yes, it's in the sand, I covered in the sand so no one can't steal from me."

Ok I say, however the MD will not pickup you credit cards! (Truth be told, Ive never tried a credit card). He says it has metal in the wallet.

He and his wife point to the area they were sitting in the sand. So I give it a look. 3 seconds, the there is quarter reading on the AT Pro! One scoop (plasic scoop, kind of worthless, but Im traveling) and there is his wallet, wrapped in a zip-lock, 3 inches down.

His wife was impressed! And so was I, now there is a quarter in my wallet now:laughing:

He buried his wallet so no one would steal it? And he didn't have a detector of his own? Sounds like a big risk... how did he expect to find it again?

Well a quarter in the wallet is a great idea!

Good story - my father always carried a 1923 Peace dollar in his wallet for good luck, I guess. I have it now. After being carried in a wallet for 60+ year it was pretty tarnished. That is a good idea to carry a quarter.

Most people put a house key in their wallets, for this reason :) Great idea if you ever lose your wallet!

I found a buried wallet on the beach that had a Sac Dollar coin and a $20 bill in it...No ID or anything else..just that coin and that bill...

I never found a wallet..

Many years ago I would carry a quarter in my wallet for an emergency phone call, That was back when you could find a phone both on every corner.

Now I have a stupid cell phone.

I do carry an extra car key in my wallet.. In case I lock my keys in the car..

Or, Drop my wallet in the sand..

KEN :D

I found one of those vinyl coin type purse burried 4 inches down in a plastic sandwich bag. It had $70 paper in it.. luckly it also had about 50 cents in change in it as well. Ding!

I have only found one wallet. It had the only silver I have ever found at the beach. One Mercury dime in one of those cordera nylon wallets It had a credit card in it that had expired seven years previously.

Nothing in the wallet to identify the owner. No one by the name in my area.

Back
Top Bottom