Excalibur 2 help please

voodoomedic

How goes. About to make my return to hunting the surf. Excalibur been sidelined for past 2/3 years do to moving to ft Benning ga. Getting stationed back in Hawaii again. I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy the gaskets for knobs and end caps. Or just where he hell I can send it to get some needed maintenance?

Last edited:
How goes. About to make my return to hunting the surf. Excalibur been sidelined for past 2/3 years do to moving to ft Benning ga. Getting stationed back in Hawaii again. I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy the gaskets for knobs and end caps. Or just where he hell I can send it to get some needed maintenance?

There are many recent horror stories about lengthy maintenance work on here at Minelab's authorized repair center. Do some research on here as I have seen the sizes for the o-rings mentioned and try to do it yourself. Or in my case, get someone who knows what they're doing to do it for you.

Thanks for the advice. there is anyone here that can do this and had the time let me know.

OBN might be able to mention where to get the rubber knob washers. He no longer does repair work BTW, at least not like he used to. In all honesty it's a pretty easy job (done it twice). Yeah, you have to pull out the mother board, which was sketchy the first time I did it but I had OBN (OB1:) guiding me through it with help of a few video tutorials he had on Youtube. I'm sure he'd be willing to repost them if I cant dig them up for you.
Welcome back to Oahu and the forum:yes:

Call Minelab usa as I heard that they have someone in Arizona that is doing their gold machines and maybe the Xcal. Not certain where I read that.

Phone Number is 877-767-6522 Its worth the time to make the call as it takes months to get a repair made at the Florida facility.

Be careful, repair center reports they see quite a few excals with the wrong size o-rings installed causing leaking and damage on motherboards.

Thank you for your help everyone. I am going to attempted to do the excal surgery myself. Now to find the right o-rings.

Me, I would send to Kellyco. They can repair what you need plus check for other errors, pressure test, etc. And you get a warranty on the repairs. Since they repair them all of the time you are going to get a quality repair, plus if you want to resell the machine inspection by kellyco really helps with resale.

Those or these will work..

Attachments

• 18090844_1392972164104032_1351634856_o.jpg
    18090844_1392972164104032_1351634856_o.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 275
I would recommend for Minelab Excalibur repair O-Ring 4x1.5x7 mm
Nitrile Butadiene Rubber ORing (NBR)

I would recommend for Minelab Excalibur repair O-Ring 4x1.5x7 mm

Nitrile Butadiene Rubber ORing (NBR)

I noticed that yours are about 1mm smaller OD. What is the Minelab specification on this item? I have read that some machines that go in for repair are due to improperly sized o-rings (I assume too small) which cause leakage.

I noticed that yours are about 1mm smaller OD. What is the Minelab specification on this item? I have read that some machines that go in for repair are due to improperly sized o-rings (I assume too small) which cause leakage.

I had just ordered o-rings from ebay the same day as this thread came out and wished I had waited just one more day. The ones from ebay are also made from NBR rubber which is different than the ones offered by McMaster Carr and are also slightly different in size. The seller lists them as being explicitly for the excal. I guess I better wait and order some from McMaster Carr

I used the o-ring 5x1.5x8mm on the first stage of initial repairs ...(2005-2010) they are more than the size needed and only the top installation is suitable.
The size o-ring 4х1,5х7 more approaches, and is identical to the original, it is installed both inside and in the top.

I used the o-ring 5x1.5x8mm on the first stage of initial repairs ...(2005-2010) they are more than the size needed and only the top installation is suitable.

The size o-ring 4х1,5х7 more approaches, and is identical to the original, it is installed both inside and in the top.

Stavr thanks for the reply. I thought by design the lower o-rings are smaller than the top. Are you saying that the upper and lower o-rings are the same size according to Minelab factory specs? (7mm OD for top and bottom o-rings).

Me, I would send to Kellyco. They can repair what you need plus check for other errors, pressure test, etc. And you get a warranty on the repairs. Since they repair them all of the time you are going to get a quality repair, plus if you want to resell the machine inspection by kellyco really helps with resale.

Only if you want to wait at least two and maybe three months to get the machine back.

Back
Top Bottom