Who Uses Arm Cuff??

The replies to this thread are surprising to me. :?: The cuffs and straps are there for good reason,(stability), and I just thought everybody used them. I notice increased difficulty immediately if my strap or cuff is even a little loose. With my nox, I had to pad the cuff to fit my forearm. I hold the strap when lowering and picking up the machine; sliding my arm in or out without looking at it. Seems easy. Side to side swinging without a cuff? Seems crazy. Puts all the work on your hand and wrist. I enjoy hours of detecting with an easy, loose, hand grip for most of the swing time. Resistance from grass or water? The forearm stability is essential!
Using the strap is only slightly bothersome after long, hot hours of use, or when it's so cold I have to have my coat sleeve down. Still rather use it than not.

I always use the strap. It is there for a reaon. It isn't a spare part manufacterers add just so they can raise the price a few cents all while helping out their friends in the velcro industry.

I have tried not using the strap, or just opening the velcro to max size, and it causes far more arm/shoulder/neck straing than not using it. And, for those using detectors with plastic arm cuffs, not using the velcro strap, you are putting a lot of stress on the cuff wings every time you swing your detector. The faster you swing, the chances the cuff wing breaks goes up.

Back
Top Bottom