Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Elite Member

Question Are loomis rolls dry?

I have heard rumors that loomis pulls all the silver out, is this true? I have done 2 boxes of loomis halves and only got a 40%er proof that looked like it got caught in the machine.

Best find~ 1883 IHP. . Silvers: 3 ,Wheaties: 13, IHP's: 4 Motto~Christ,Family,Metal Detecting. May each on reach one as a challenge for the immediate future.I believe with all my heart that standing for America means standing up for God who has so blessed this land- Ronald Reagan.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Usa View post
I have heard rumors that loomis pulls all the silver out, is this true? I have done 2 boxes of loomis halves and only got a 40%er proof that looked like it got caught in the machine.
Loomis is not in business to cull silver, they are paid to roll coin and theyíre good at it. Rumors about culling have circulated for as long as Iíve recently been involved, ten years now, and no one has provided good proof. Usually what happens is silver is rejected at some machines, or tellers intercept the goods. Fact remains that there is less silver now hitting the boxes.

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...
They arrested him

Old 10-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Elite Member

Smile

I don't believe so. I've found a silver dime, and multiple silver War nickels.

Merry Christmas! ~ Luke 2:7-11
2018 Clad: 152 Coins ($10.40) ~ Totals: 400 Clad Coins ($26.15) ~ 1 Pre-Clad Coin ($0.01)
2 Foreign Coins ($0.06) ~ Oldest Coin: 1945 Wheatie ~ Au: 0 ~ Ag: 0
Garrett Treasure Ace 300 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ Bounty Hunter Junior

Old 10-01-2018, 11:21 PM

I have also heard similar information, but the truth is that I average slightly better than one silver per box. I have only been CRH for about a year, so I donít have the historical stats that others may share and compare current trends to.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:55 AM
Supporter

My best boxes for halves have been Brinks double-deckers, although for dimes, Brinks stinks!

They arrested him

Old 10-02-2018, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
My best boxes for halves have been Brinks double-deckers, although for dimes, Brinks stinks!
I know that Loomis supplies most of the banks in my immediate area, and have wondered how to find out if Brinks or other supplies provide the coin to certain banks. How do you find that out without looking like youíre doing a stakeout ?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Elite Member

I've had success with Lommis boxes.. my bank uses Brinks.. My dump bank said that their coin counter will reject silver.. I haven't and won't test their machine..lol

Old 10-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by jkbemdavis View post
I know that Loomis supplies most of the banks in my immediate area, and have wondered how to find out if Brinks or other supplies provide the coin to certain banks. How do you find that out without looking like youíre doing a stakeout ?
Yep, banks wonít give that info out for security reasons, and itís not wise to approach a courier.

They arrested him

Old 10-02-2018, 05:34 PM

Yep, banks wonít give that info out for security reasons, and itís not wise to approach a courier.
Yeah... Iíd like to stay on the good side of the banks. No sense having them start wondering what Iím up to and cutting me off.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Elite Member

Cool

My bank told me.

Best find~ 1883 IHP. . Silvers: 3 ,Wheaties: 13, IHP's: 4 Motto~Christ,Family,Metal Detecting. May each on reach one as a challenge for the immediate future.I believe with all my heart that standing for America means standing up for God who has so blessed this land- Ronald Reagan.