America the Beautiful (National Parks) Quarters

HighFlyer

Elite Member
One coin shop I go to tells me the National Parks quarters are NIFC. Another shop I go to says that's B.S., that they are released for circulation.

Doing CRH I have found quite a few NP quarters, but they seem fairly rare. I might get one every 3 or 4 rolls.

So... what have you heard? Are the NP quarters meant for circulation?

Yes, they are made for circulation and are quite common here.

What a load of bogus BS, they are for circulation. The reason you dont see much of them yet is because they've only been out for 2 1/2 yrs. Strangely though i've gotten two White Mountains through actual detecting in the past month! (made early 2013)

What a load of bogus BS, they are for circulation. The reason you dont see much of them yet is because they've only been out for 2 1/2 yrs. Strangely though i've gotten two White Mountains through actual detecting in the past month! (made early 2013)

That's what I was suspecting. Though they are fairly rare at this point, if they were NIFC I don't think I would be finding nearly as many as I'm finding doing CRH.

I think they are telling people that to justify their $.75 price tag for NP quarters!!!

Another good one they told me when I was trying to barter a bit is that they only have a 3% profit margin. Hahahah... that was while I was trying to get a buck or two off of a coin folder they wanted $15.99 for! I bought the same folder for $11.99 on eBay with free shipping. I can't stand liars.

So here's another one... are the presidential dollar coins NIFC? They charge $1.75 for them and claim they aren't intended for circulation. Oops... just did a google search and found this on Wikipedia: "From 2007 to 2011, presidential $1 coins were minted for circulation in large numbers, resulting in a large stockpile of unused $1 coins. Since 2012, new presidential coins are only being minted for collectors, in order to reduce the stockpile." So I guess their claim on the dollars is half true.... well more like 2/7ths true.

Anyway I found another coin shop that is $.33 for uncirculated NP quarters and $1.35 for the presidential dollars.... and so far they haven't lied to my face. I don't think I'll be visiting my original coin home anymore!

Anyway I found another coin shop that is $.33 for uncirculated NP quarters and $1.35 for the presidential dollars.... and so far they haven't lied to my face. I don't think I'll be visiting my original coin home anymore!

You lucky dog! .33 and 1.35!?! Great price for coins your having a long time to get! My coin store unfortunately charge $1 for NPs :( I bought a couple (Just denvers since they are hard to get in FL) and then quit because i can get them CRHing. They used to only charge .50 for the state and territory quarters. He said they upped the price cause the mint upped the price, I believe him, he's an honest guy and has given me several discounts.

My coin store unfortunately charge $1 for NPs

Ouch!! Yeah when I discovered this other coin shop a couple weeks ago I was quick to get my collections caught up. At $.33 each I might go back to just edge hunting my quarters, rather than looking at dates and designs. My NP quarter collection is now up to date... now waiting for Mt. Rushmore to come out in November.

Ouch!! Yeah when I discovered this other coin shop a couple weeks ago I was quick to get my collections caught up. At $.33 each I might go back to just edge hunting my quarters, rather than looking at dates and designs. My NP quarter collection is now up to date... now waiting for Mt. Rushmore to come out in November.

NICE! The other month i got two rolls of quarters, NOT A SINGLE EAGLE! I pulled out one of each territory quarter and mint. Turned all but Glacier Philadelphia (which i needed) back in. There were about 8 NPs of about 6 diffferent types. over half the quarters (more than an entire roll) were NPs and territories! Rest were garbage state quarters.

You completed any other coin books? I have a full set of Jefferson nickels! except for 2013 P and D. I've also completed almost three state quarter sets one P, one D, and one just mixed. I also have a full set of pennies going from 1940-2013. Working on getting some of the cheaper wheats :)

That's what I was suspecting. Though they are fairly rare at this point, if they were NIFC I don't think I would be finding nearly as many as I'm finding doing CRH.

I think they are telling people that to justify their $.75 price tag for NP quarters!!!

Another good one they told me when I was trying to barter a bit is that they only have a 3% profit margin. Hahahah... that was while I was trying to get a buck or two off of a coin folder they wanted $15.99 for! I bought the same folder for $11.99 on eBay with free shipping. I can't stand liars.

So here's another one... are the presidential dollar coins NIFC? They charge $1.75 for them and claim they aren't intended for circulation. Oops... just did a google search and found this on Wikipedia: "From 2007 to 2011, presidential $1 coins were minted for circulation in large numbers, resulting in a large stockpile of unused $1 coins. Since 2012, new presidential coins are only being minted for collectors, in order to reduce the stockpile." So I guess their claim on the dollars is half true.... well more like 2/7ths true.

The presidential dollar coins were suspended for circulation on Dec 11th 2011.

Was gonna say they can't be too rare. I dig piles of them beach hunting. Dig about one Presidential dollar a year.

You completed any other coin books? I have a full set of Jefferson nickels! except for 2013 P and D. I've also completed almost three state quarter sets one P, one D, and one just mixed. I also have a full set of pennies going from 1940-2013. Working on getting some of the cheaper wheats :)

I'd have to look. My Roosevelt dimes are complete from 1965 on. I have a lot of pre-65 but missing some dates and mint marks. I have a bunch of empty holes in the Mercury department that will probably never be filled.

I have all the quarters from 1965 on, but missing both 1992 P & D... just can't ever seem to find them for some reason. My state and NP quarters are mixed mint marks... I have the big books that look like US maps for the parks and states, and those just have one hole per state, so I haven't worried about mint marks on those... same with the Presidential dollars. I have a big book that just has one hole for each with no regard to mint mark.

I probably have from the 30's on in pennies complete, and I think my Jefferson nickels are pretty close to complete. I'd have to look again.

My collection is pretty low-grade. A lot of my older coins were handed down to me from my grandfather, and the buffalo nickels, mercs, and early wheats are very worn. Most of what I've added over the years all came from circulation. I don't buy UNC coins, I just find 'em and stick 'em in. :yes:

Yes, I don't buy uncirculated coins, though I'd I get a nice wheat I'll change it out.

And Id forgotten, I have 1965 through 2011 quarters complete too :)

Don't you guys have vending machines at work? you stick in a $20 and it kicks out 20 dollar coins. It's funny how different people treat them. I just treat them as any other money, I get $20 worth at the begining of the week check any Susan B.s to see if they are 81s and use the rest in the coke machine. If I have any left over at the end of the week they either get spent at the store or I use them to pay my daughter her allowance. I know a couple people who get $10-$50 a week and hoard them at home because they are "rare".

Anyways to help show they are not NIFC I got
Hot Springs-P
Glacier-P
Olympic-P
Chickasaw-D
Three White Mountian-P mint
Perry's Victory-P
Great Basin-P
The last two I didn't have, do happy day! I got two rolls of quarters. A bicentennial was on the end of one of the quarters! Score!

Having a difficult time finding the NP quarters around here!

Hi all,

If anyone wants to trade, I can find a few "d" mint marks here in Western Nebraska, but rarely find any "p" mints. Let me know!

Back
Top Bottom