Detector for kids

Sure, but remember, kids can get frustrated quick.....ya may wanna "plant" a few coins for them to find at first......I did with my two kids and it got them hooked!!

Dusty

You could go to some tot lots to. There are plenty of targets to find and some could be gold or silver to. Tesoro compadre would be a good detector or the ace 250 but if your kid is small i would go with the compadre

Depends on the age of the kid. 6-9 years old, I would get a cheap metal detector in the 40-60 dollar range and let him/her have fun with that. Perhaps plant a few clad quarters here and there. 10-12, I would get a decent detector like a tracker 4 or something similar. I would not plant finds at his/her age because they may get discouraged.

I bought a Bounty Hunter Junior for my kids. It is small, well built and works darn well for a kids detector. And best of all it was only $70.00!

Compadre

Tesoro Compadre, deep and simple. My wife and daughter both love it and occasionally she spanks my Vaquero with it, it is to dang easy!:D

Here's another vote for the Bounty Hunter Junior. My daughter likes using it and has found a couple of wheats with it already. I'm surprised at how well it does.

Yeah, I got the BH IV Really good starter detector. Already finding silver. Mine was $60 in november...... For the money you cant complain. (Saving up for a whites)

Back
Top Bottom