• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Crack at the Drive-In Theatre...

geodawn

Forum Supporter
I asked and got permission to hunt the drive-in theatre in my area. It was closed for many years and reopened around 1999 so I thought there might be a chance to get some old finds or would it be a horror movie?

canslawkq6.jpg

After searching about half the parking area I moved to the play area where I found this men's ring. I was surprised as it's a large size almost fitting my fat sized 14 finger. Note - those are rock gloves I have on and that is not a cadaver hand as my wife thought after seeing this picture. :lol:

009jc6.jpg

I believe it is stamped .925 silver - just not very well...

014wf6.jpg

After finding the ring the biggest headache in my life slammed me in the face and I had to split. I never wuss out of anything but I called it a day just 2 hours in. The total haul was $7.34 and included a '83 half dollar and a dollar bill - yes my GTI 1500 finds paper money too. I was bummed at the absence of old coins but I'm sure this place was picked thoroughly during the years it was closed.

011th3.jpg

After cleaning up the ring, Owen was quick to claim it. He thinks it might help him with the ladies!

017yk3.jpg

Very nice ring and great pics Geo.--A good hunt

Very nice finds. I wouldn't give up on the place thats for sure. If the ring was there, gotta be more eh.:D

Nice ring and good clad haul. I tried a drive in here in Cleveland. Just before they were to doze it. Found some clad but a lot of bottle caps and tabs. Too many. Gave up on it because of the trash.

Bob

I tried a drive in here in Cleveland. Just before they were to doze it. Found some clad but a lot of bottle caps and tabs. Too many. Gave up on it because of the trash.

I know what you mean by trash. I've never seen so many pull tabs on the surface of any place before. I started picking them up but realized that I wouldn't have time to detect this place if I continued. My strategy if I get to go back is to cherry pick silver targets and dig select pull tabs depending on the imaging size.

I love that ring! It's a heavy keeper. It might take some doing, but that place may yet yield some silver coins. Nice details of your hunt by the way.

Back
Top Bottom