Gray Ghost Amphibians

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
Just ordered a pair of Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones for the AT Pro.
They are replacing the stock Garrett phones which are about 6 years old. They are getting tired.

What kind of sound quality difference should we see between the old and the new.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Considerable. I know the tones sound different though. I have never tried the regular ones but that is what I have heard from those who have. I love my Amphibians so much that I bought a pair of the GG DetectorPro ultimates with the 1/4" jack for my other machines. Good luck and enjoy :-)

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Depends on your hearing. I noticed the tones on a couple of targets became crisper and more defined. So with the old phones, two targets might give a wobbly similar tone. With the new phones, you'll clearly hear two separate tones.

Been out a few times with the Ghosts. It's going to take some getting use to. It's been 4 years with the current stock headphones.

I like having only one knob for the volume control too.

Definitely different, but I like them better than the stock phones. Basically the pitch of all the tones are all going to slide on the musical scale a few positions. same number of tones. Same distance between tones. Basically same audio response over a target, such as scratchy for ragged can slaw or corroded metal. Nice clean round tones for coins, rings etc.

Back
Top Bottom