My first time Gold Panning yields gold and gold fever for me

kwo123

Elite Member
Headed out to an area I researched today and tried panning for the first time. Not sure if this is good because now I have to balance metal detecting and gold panning. Thinking of getting the Fisher Gold Bug 2 detector also.

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,373
  • IMG_2836.jpg
    IMG_2836.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,955
  • IMG_2842.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,634
Seeing as how you are in an area that actually yeilds gold, then getting a gold bug is the best thing you can do. It will most likely pay for itself within a couple months. Bring the gold bug to old mining sites and abandoned mine shafts and scan the old tailings they left.
Its mostly about research, but if you figure it out, you have the possibility to never have to work again. Good luck and happy hunting.

Wow dude! I have always wanted to try panning or looking for gold. There is none here in my part of Texas that I know of. I am excited that you found gold. Bust of luck to you on future hunts. Big congrats.

Congrats on finding raw gold. Could you put a coin or other object next to your nuggets so we can get an idea of size? Thanks for sharing with us. Good luck on future hunts or panning expeditions. : )

Those are some nice little plinker's ya got there.
You'd best be careful though, before you know it,
you're going to and find yourself hooked,
on finding,

MORE !!

Does anyone watch Gold Fever on the outdoor channel? The host Tom Massey was panning gold in Lake Michigan on the beach in Chicago.

I was in very NE Iowa. There was a bunch of flour gold which was almost impossible to pick up. These are more like Pickers maybe. Just smaller than a match head.

WOW!! That is awsome! I thought I'd heard it was possible to find a little gold from galcial deposition in Iowa. Neat to see it is actually possible. Way to go!

that IS awesome!

I have a gold pan, but never used it...perhaps I'll make it out this week!

THANKS for the inspiration!!!

Nice and wow, i did some gold panning and sluicing here in wisconsin this summer,found a few specks,and got the fever and spent all my free time chasing it now.the looks of that flat makes me want to think that isnt far from the source.your onto a hot spot there bud,you might want to invest in a sluice.good luck :D:D

Back
Top Bottom