Big Silver

Digginman

I went back to the old homestead today. I dig some more clearing, went to the truck and got the detector. I had pulled a small tree up on the side of the property. It rained alot late this week and the ground was soft. Within seconds my headphones almost got knocked off. In the plug, no more than four inches deep was this:

1923 Peace Dollar!!!!!

I bet all of Stephens City wondered what that noise was. I jumped, screamed and almost passed out. She's a beauty, isn't she??

Thanks for looking and thanks for all I've learned on this site.

DM

I got really tired after that and had to quit. Probably result of the bite I got last weekend.

Attachments

• peacetop.jpg
    peacetop.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 176
  • peaceback.jpg
    peaceback.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 175
That's is truly awesome! I'll bet it sounded loud!

FelixtheCat said:
That's is truly awesome!  I'll bet it sounded loud!

I figured I was gonna find a piece of junk. It was loud, but not as loud as my scream. :lol:

DM

WTG Digginman! That had to have been quite a rush to see that come out of the ground. I can't wait to find my first.

Digginman said:
1923 Peace Dollar!!!!!

Stop the presses, Digginman! That ain't no 1923, which is a very common date. What you have pictured is a 1928-S which is a horse of a different color. According to the 2007 Redbook, that find of yours is worth $40 in EF; $65 in AU, and $180 in MS-60. Judging from your photos, I would guess your dollar grades either EF or AU (kind of hard to grade from a photo--gotta see it in the flesh to know for sure). Anyway...WTG!!!!!

- Harley-Dog

Back
Top Bottom