Lets talk T2 Classic

RayK

For background, I am coming from CZ6a to the T2 Classic model.

When looking at the screen on the T2,there is arrow above the target indicator, the manual says that the arrows indicated signal strength. Is this a factor of depth or is it more an indication of conductivity? I am trying to get a feel of the sound of the target in relation to these arrows.

The CZ6a was a three tone unit. The T2 has the same 3 tone option, I see a lot of people run 2+ tone. I have tried it a little but not real sure if it has any benefit over the 3 tone. Why do so many people recommend this setting?

Have not tried the delta pitch yet, I feel I need a lot more time with this detector but for trying this option. For people who use this mode, do you always use it or only for certain type of sites?

Thanks
Ray

Snap on Man

I have read the arrow explanation in the manual but it is not clear on what I am asking. I though that our members would have a better explanation.

Digger27

I had read through these post when they were active. Just trying to get a feel on when others use the DP.

Thanks
Ray

I never pay much attention to those arrows. I use my ears and occasionally I'll glance at the numbers but I'm a relic hunter so I dig everything from mid tones up. BTW. I love delta pitch.

Snap on Man

I have read the arrow explanation in the manual but it is not clear on what I am asking. I though that our members would have a better explanation.

Digger27

I had read through these post when they were active. Just trying to get a feel on when others use the DP.

Thanks
Ray

Here is another interesting DP tone thread.
Gonna hafta try this out myself.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,122424

The arrow meter works extremely well on quarters, not so much on on dimes because the penny will slide into the dime category. One thing to look for is the initial signal, if it is a strong dime signal right off the bat, it usually is a dime. if it dances and then orients on dime tab, it is usually an older penny. If it bounces from dime to zinc and then to tab and back to forth of the three tabs, dig that target because you have just found an Indian Head penny. The signal will be sort of weak looking at best, but it will bounce between the three tabs, dig it. You will be glad you did. Nickels are better in 4 tone, you will get a coin sound on nickels in 4 tone mode. In 2+ and 3 tone, broken beaver tails of pull tabs will sound and chime in as a nickel. Run 4 tones and you will here the difference. I like sensitivity at 75, I run 40 on disc a lot but is it 5 and 50 that are boosted ? I'll have to track that down and get back to you on that.

I'll also post the seven frequencies for you, good info to have. Learn to use the frequency changes, its simple, works like a charm or the Garrett pin pointers. hold the button in push or pull the toggle to change the frequency in the direction you want, up or down.#4 frequency is the default frequency.

I find a coin, then switch over to dp mode and scan it, I can see where it would work well but trying to actually run it is a bit overwhelming. Maybe I need to slow the coil speed down. I think I will just continue to listen on finding things and then switch to dp to get conditioned or familiarized with the sounds.

frequency 1 12.82 kHz
frequency 2 12.88 khz
frequency 3 12.93 khz
frequency 4 12.99 kHz
frequency 5 13.05 khz
frequency 6 13.10 khz
frequency 7 13.16 kHz

Frequecy 4 is bold for default setting notation.

dp tones are based on conductor id numbers, lower the number, the lower the tone, the higher the number, the higher the tone, I can see where it would benefit in learning how to use it. I can't find my notes on disc numbers that have a boosted signal compared to others, maybe it is 50 and above.It isn't much of a gain but there was a slight gain.

I'm fortunate to be able to run both my AT Pro and T2 wide open. Zero discrimination and full sensitivity which is nice because I have to hunt with small coils. I find with the T2 that I'll switch to 3 + tones when I'm in a nail infested area because it's easier to isolate good targets AND because the slight variations with dp make it easy to miss borderline targets.

Hey Ray...I have been running an F70 in DP tones for 7yrs......it is perfect for what I do, which is Clad/Jewelry...I get a few old silver coin stragglers along the way per season as accidental bycatch...

I use it on beaches, totlots, school entrances, Snowpiles, sledding hills, Sportsfields, parks, tearouts,....The Wife even uses it for sifting through a big jug of pennies to separate the copper from the zincs...right on the kitchen counter top, very fast and easy as pie to hear the diff...

I just pop it apart at the first knuckle so she can see the TIDS, not necessary though, the tones are a clear tell, unplug the phones...then she waves a penny over the top of the coil and sorts them without having to look at the dates...It keeps her occupied! :laughing:

Attachments

• F70.jpg
    F70.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 329
Bibelot

You say you run 4 tone but if you run three tone don't you have nickels give a high tone? The manual says 4 tone is good for older coins that have a different VDI reading. I have not taken the unit out to an older site yet to see how it reacts on older coins

Mud-puppy,

What is your wife doing, melting the copper pennys down for their copper? Or, is she looking for Wheaties?:lol:

Thanks for the replies, interested in others thoughts also.

Ray

When hunting deep in iron you might want to try monotone.
The F70/F75 monotone and 6 on the disc.
On the T2 set the disc at 21 to take advantage of this technical information.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,2251

I hunt in some very difficult mineralized soil with crazy amounts of extra iron.
Monotone, (and disc even lower at 0 or 1), and All Metal are my most common settings and I have found plenty in many difficult and so called hunted out sites.

Digeer27

Thanks for the link. I had seen some of it before but not such an in-depth write up.

I am not sure I could run 1 tone and no discrimination. Once I went from the old White 5900 unit to the Fisher CZ6a, the Fisher is a quite running unit and I never looked back. I think it would drive me nuts to listen to every iron tone in a highly infested site.

Ray

Digeer27

Thanks for the link. I had seen some of it before but not such an in-depth write up.

I am not sure I could run 1 tone and no discrimination. Once I went from the old White 5900 unit to the Fisher CZ6a, the Fisher is a quite running unit and I never looked back. I think it would drive me nuts to listen to every iron tone in a highly infested site.

Ray

Use disc levels that are comfortable to you.
The way my F70 works listening to the iron growl isn't really much of a hassle, on an F2 it drove me crazy so 99.9% of the time I just disced it all out.
Probably missed a few things but my sanity was more important and having fun doing this hobby is the actual goal so suffering through, no matter what I might be able to find, is never in the equation for me.

It took a long time and much experience and practice lowering that disc down bit by bit for me to get used to hunting this way but now for me it is effortless, natural and enjoyable.
Also very productive.

Do what works for you...always.

Bibelot

You say you run 4 tone but if you run three tone don't you have nickels give a high tone? The manual says 4 tone is good for older coins that have a different VDI reading. I have not taken the unit out to an older site yet to see how it reacts on older coins

Mud-puppy,

What is your wife doing, melting the copper pennys down for their copper? Or, is she looking for Wheaties?:lol:

Thanks for the replies, interested in others thoughts also.

Ray
You know,that is a very good question.:laughing:As of late I just been switching back and forth to dp tone,I think I'm ending up on 4 instead of three.I can answer that question whether the nickel rings in high tone tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom