How to G.B. Vaquero

james45

Elite Member
Just bought a very nice Vaquero problem is I have a minor hearing impairment,cannot seem to get it G.B. just right.Went by the manual so cannot tell when its ready,no problem finding stuff:yes:Anyone having the same problem?Maybe I need a fixed a g.b.detector:laughing: At SUPER tune I can set it and it goes 12.5"on a quarter ,but very noisy.Thank you.james

Here is a great vid about ground balancing and supertuning a Vaq.
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pBLEntJrkjE

You do need to hear the changes and when it evens out but even with a minor hearing issue this should not be a problem.

You don't need to be perfectly balanced most of the time, I have hunted with a few fixed GB units and still found tons and used a Vaq for years and never checked the balance a lot after powering up and doing it once but for optimum hunting, the quietest environment and getting the deepest especially in soil that has issues I would definitely work on this and get good at it.
Sometime, somewhere it just might make a difference.

Just bought a very nice Vaquero problem is I have a minor hearing impairment,cannot seem to get it G.B. just right.Went by the manual so cannot tell when its ready,no problem finding stuff:yes:Anyone having the same problem?Maybe I need a fixed a g.b.detector:laughing: At SUPER tune I can set it and it goes 12.5"on a quarter ,but very noisy.Thank you.james

Grats on the vaq,let us know how you like it ,or not.

Vaq

The VAQ is a very stable rock steady detector. Good Choice ! It will still work great even if it is a litte out of tune. You watch that video and you will catch on

Back
Top Bottom