pinpoint with a eliptical DD coil

juit

Elite Member
guys I know that prolly you know this but didn't find info on the subject

I know that the traditional way to do it is to do a cross, watching youtube looking closely to a video a guy on the same spot without rotating he manage to get all the targets exactly without any mistakes

I did a paint drawing and I hope I can explain my self

in the top that's the traditional way to do it

on the bottom: first he hits the target on vertical
then he press pinpoint, then he moves the coil on the vertical plane with the pinpoint pressed moves the coil down until the numbers went up then he moves the coil down and repeats that way he traces the object planting the coil on the centers of the 2 lines

pippoint_zpsrtukkjr5.jpg

I hope i could make my self clear and test this my self

Also if you don't own a handheld pinpointer, buy one you will never leave home without it after you use one a bit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes but im talking about the pinpoint feature on the metal detector with dd coils

I use the wiggle method. I can't remember the last time I used the detectors pinpoint.

My experience with the 6x10 DD coil on the Whites DFX is that the above-illustrated methods work well for targets that are about 4 inches or less in depth and of average size. For targets that indicate deeper than 4 inches, I find that the DD coil begins to pinpoint toward the center of the coil more like a traditional concentric coil does.

I was missing deeper targets and I found this to be the case. I was "pinpointing" near the front tip of the coil and my deeper targets were consistently in the rear sidewall of the hole.

For my machine with the 6x10 DD coil average targets at 6 inches or deeper will be nearly centered on the coil.

Back
Top Bottom