OMG! I want to hunt this home!

'bulaDirtDog

It is a FORECLOSED home, BUILT in 1820!! Sits on 1.5 acres and has been vacant for about a year. The only problem is the bank is out of California, and the home is in Ohio. So I'll have to write them a letter asking permission and see what happens. Wish I had a name to contact instead of "To whom it may concern". Anyone have any suggestions? Happy Hunting!

Has anyone succeeded in getting permission from a bank before? I've bought a bank owned property before and I have doubts about their willingness to even answer. If they do they have no incentive to say yes and every incentive to say no because for business reasons.

Has anyone succeeded in getting permission from a bank before? I've bought a bank owned property before and I have doubts about their willingness to even answer. If they do they have no incentive to say yes and every incentive to say no because for business reasons.

That's what I'm afraid will happen. All I can do is try, and if they say no I'll stick with owner occupied homes. HH

They will say no:
1. You go onto the property and get hurt, they get sued.
2. You go onto property and dig the place up they lose value.
3. You go on the property and find something dangerous, they have to pay to fix or remove it.

Someone with the motto, better to beg forgiveness that ask permission already hit it. You missed the window. ;)
yes I have to believe that is true, if it has sit empty for a yr, I am betting it has been detected without permission already, but doesn't mean it is hunted out

If it is in the city I would definitely hit the curb strip! my hunting partner called a gal he knew at the bank to find out about a foreclosed home and she gave him a national number to call to see about gaining permission and when he called he got a foreign guy on the line and he could not understand a word the guy said so we took that as a yes we can hunt:D. We kept the number he called just in case someone showed up we were going to dial the phone and hand it to them.

Are there any papers posted on the front door??? alot of foreclosed homes in my area have contact numbers on them ....:?:

Back
Top Bottom