• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello from Minnesota

woj.chastity

My name is Chastity, and my interest was peaked in metal detecting just this past year. My husband and I traveled to visit my sister in GA, and hunted there, but didn't turn much up. Now that the weather is getting nice, we have picked the hobby up again. We found some pocket change at a park, and we are wondering if anyone has any good ideas of where to hunt in the Stillwater area. Let me know, I'd love to learn from all of the veterans out there! Cheers!

Hello From Central Iowa

Throw another log on the campfire, grab another marshmellow and join the visit. I was born in Edina MN many, many years ago but I still remember a lake within a couple of miles of Stillwater. It was (probably still is) named Square Lake. I went SCUBA diving in that lake many times as it had fairly clear water for that neck of the woods. I would be hunting on the beach where the people spend most of the summer days under the sun. Probably a number of camping/picnicing areas too. Welcome aboard and good luck with your Viking hunts. Grin.

Kevin J. Doyle &
Gunner Girl The Wonder Lab ;)

@Kevin-
Funny you mentioned that, we just went MDing there last night. We pulled a bunch of junk from the beach saving several kids from tetanus, and pulled about 75 cents of mondern money from the grassy areas in about an hour... so not too bad!
Thanks for the welsomes!

So far, so fun!

Today we went hunting at Tartan Park... pulled a bunch of trash, and some pocket change. My first "interesting" find was some sort of sanding brush... my dad thinks its a lead plant stand.... the second interesting find was a olb grey wolf copper boy scout badge of some sort... in pretty good shape! Hoping for some more good pulls for tomorrow!

Welcome from Willmar, Minnesota! I am still looking for that sweet spot to hunt too! However if I find it I'm not telling!:lol2:

Back
Top Bottom