Minelab SE

rt97ke

New guy here. Just wondering about the SE. Have one on the way and would like to hear from those who have 'em to let me know how they like it. I cannot wait to get. Hope it is as good as it sounds. Thanks.

I'm with you! I just got my SE last month, but I have about 4" of snow on the ground.. so haven't gave it a good run yet. One day I was able to go out, found a memorial cent, but the groud was frozen solid. I had to use a hammer and chisel to get that coin out.. thought that was ridiculous.. so I'm waiting for the thaw.

Meanwhile, been doing a ton of studying on the machine. I also ordered a 8" SunRay coil for it (along with a lower/upper rod assembly to help with coil swap out). Seems like this machine does great with small coils in 'hunted out areas'. If budget allows, I might jump to the 5", but I'll wait till I get a good feel first.

This site seems good with digital display chart:
http://groups.msn.com/MinelabExplorerXSusers/digitalchart1.msnw

Not sure if you've stumbled on this as well:
http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/

Is this your first detector? I was swinging XLT for a years before this purchase.

DB

Yup I have seen those sites. Helpful indeed. I have a PI PRO. I bought an ACE250 before I really knew what I wanted. I traded it in toward the SE (THANKS AGAIN TONYinCT). I bought a Ford but really wanted a Lexus. Soon I will be swinging it. Oh yea in the Minelab owners site the is a download reguarding the Explorer. Ex2Em is the program. A little desktop detecting. Pretty cool. We will see if the info is close to real life.

It is a program that is for the EXII I think but it actually lets you run the detector. On the bottom of the screen you can scroll through several different objects. From gold and silver to foil a bottle cap, even copper. You can set the Sensativity and Descrim. It shows you the digital numbers read out for the targets and you can click to the smartfind screen and see it there too. You are running the detector. It is really cool. It is had to describe everything. Check it out.

davyo

HI ,all just found this site , thought i'd say hello.;)

You will not go wrong with the SE, but you may go a bit mad if your new to detecting as they take some getting use to. One of the best production detectors ever made Fact.

Don't be to sensitivity happy or you will be in false signal hell, if you get confused after changing settings default it back to default settings often (hold start button at start up for 3 sec's), brilliant out of the box thou with out touching anything! you will only increase your finds by going slow. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom