• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Newb, should I invest in a DD coil?

medicchief

Forum Supporter
New to the hobby and just purchased a Teknetics Delta. I have the option to purchase a new 11" DD coil for $75 (MSRP $199). Would this be a good investment? What are any pros and cons? I am currently using the stock 8" concentric coil and it's working great, the pinpoint function is "spot on".

Last edited:
DD's generally handle soils with high mineralization better, concentric might be a little better on discrimination....

Dusty

dd coils are good

Trashy areas , poor soil conditions, and seperation. These are some things that make the DD a great coil. I use a DD coil on my Whites and Mine lab most of the time. I would suggest grabbing that. I think you will like using it.

I agree, I replaced the stock coil on my MXT with a 6X10 DD coil. I can already tell the difference even before taking it out to the gold fields.

Dusty

6x10 rocks

I agree, I replaced the stock coil on my MXT with a 6X10 DD coil. I can already tell the difference even before taking it out to the gold fields.

Dusty

Dusty I have the 6x10 on my MXT most of the time. Its a great coil. It goes deep and is lighter than the 12". I have to say that is my favorite coil. I find it easier to pin point. Good luck in the gold fields.

Back
Top Bottom