For sale houses/abandoned houses

On that note. I appreciate the difficult job our officers have to do, i sure as hell would never want that job. Not sure whats worse having to deal with someone committing a criminal act or an over zealous citizen who is always right. I dont appreciate being intimidated, but it is a tactic they are taught, and it is quite effective in many circumstances. They know exactly what they are doing when they do it, and they are judging your reaction in order to gain information to determine the best course of action. Its not personal, just a tactic to be aware of, they are just doing there job the way they are taught to do it. Sometimes I like to think of things this way when dealing with other people, i have 2 eyes that allow me to see the world, and that is like looking threw a window. Now what i see is not what others see, so when i look out, it is like only looking threw one pane of the window, and you cannot see the whole picture. When i stop to talk with another person with an open mind(i have to be open minded, not them), and the are so nice as to share with me there perspective of the window they see out of. The window i look out of becomes a little bigger, and i gain a better perspective of the big picture. And this has helped me more than you will ever know to make my life easier, better, and to be the person that i want to be, or how i see myself.

You haven't been here long. I am not over zealous or always right. And I know you are not accusing me of it. I actually was a state police officer for 9 years. And I know intimidation is taught as I learned it quite well. I was a good cop and I enjoyed the job. But I upset the politics of things and was railroaded after my parents were killed by a guy on drugs.

That is one reason I refuse to bow down now. I have a lot of Michigan laws printed and I know some by heart. I am not the normal metal detectorist. Folks do not understand us. Why we want to be left alone and enjoy a hobby. Some have nothing better to do than to get in our business. Even some officers.

You haven't been here long. I am not over zealous or always right. And I know you are not accusing me of it. I actually was a state police officer for 9 years. And I know intimidation is taught as I learned it quite well. I was a good cop and I enjoyed the job. But I upset the politics of things and was railroaded after my parents were killed by a guy on drugs.

That is one reason I refuse to bow down now. I have a lot of Michigan laws printed and I know some by heart. I am not the normal metal detectorist. Folks do not understand us. Why we want to be left alone and enjoy a hobby. Some have nothing better to do than to get in our business. Even some officers.

Sorry i didnt know you were special, i will leave you alone.

Now that is an interesting response!! Have a great day.

I won't leave you alone though. We are tracking your vehicle with GPS. We have monitors in your home tracking your every move. You have been reported to the IRS for taxes on paid on your gold rings. I don't care if you're a past officer or not. You can't escape Tom_in_CA ! Muhahaha :D:sissyfight::jail:

I won't leave you alone though. We are tracking your vehicle with GPS. We have monitors in your home tracking your every move. You have been reported to the IRS for taxes on paid on your gold rings. I don't care if you're a past officer or not. You can't escape Tom_in_CA ! Muhahaha :D:sissyfight::jail:

What gold rngs are you talking about? The piles I take of gold at a jewelry store and claim I find?

Do I even have you fooled?

What gold rngs are you talking about? The piles I take of gold at a jewelry store and claim I find?

Do I even have you fooled?

Yes. You fooled me. I didn't know your pictures were coming from jewelry stores.

Sheesh, the things people do for cheap thrills. :laughing:

I am as brazen and ballsy as they come (to a fault). But I could never extend that to disputing semantics, in-the-field , with cops like your fabled stories tell.

I make sure I don't have run-in's in the first place. But if I do, then sure, I'll put up a meek friendly chit-chat to explain my harmlessness. But if they persist, then I give lip service, and move on.

To hold ground and defy like you have, is the stuff of guys more brazen, calloused, and ballsy than even me ! haha

I always get permission in writing. I can send you a copy of my permission and release of liability form. <<LINK REMOVED>>

Last edited by a moderator:
I always get permission in writing. I can send you a copy of my permission and release of liability form.

What if someone just gives a verbal "ok" ? Isn't that good enough ? And certainly you don't mean permission for public places where there's no rules forbidding, right ? Ie.: just for private property, where someone brings it up that they want this, right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom