Elite Member

Attachments

• 20200729_075725.jpg
    20200729_075725.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 646
  • 20200729_075915.jpg
    20200729_075915.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 595
Yup. This has been a slow year for the CA coastline. In fact, the past couple of years have been lame. Mother nature simply hasn't been doing much erosion for a few years now :( [at least not in my part of CA]

:dingding: That's some nice weight! How was the signal with that split in the back?

Congrats on that big goldie Walrus! I enjoyed the video and your commentary, especially when you found the gold ring. Lots of nice gold found on the beach that weekend. :yes:

Pretty much been poo poo is So Cal since 2016-2017. Few things here and there but the epic-ness is long over. I used to be almost guaranteed a couple silver rings, a good 10$ in change and hopefully a 14k something every couple hunts. Those days are gone for now.

Congratulations on the gold!!! Always look forward and enjoy your videos Even though we do not have salt water in Ohio I hunt fresh water. Stay safe and happy hunting.

:neat:

At least your beach is accessible.

Ours has been COVID-Closed for the last 2 weeks and now extended 2 more. Police keeping EVERYONE out of the area. Might as well just close the da*n park for the rest of the year and be done with it.

Again, congrats on that ring!

Pretty much been poo poo is So Cal since 2016-2017. Few things here and there but the epic-ness is long over. I used to be almost guaranteed a couple silver rings, a good 10$ in change and hopefully a 14k something every couple hunts. Those days are gone for now.

The last long-lasting erosion episodes here were several years ago :mad: Ever since then, it's just been a little here and a little there, of only small clad pockets.

The last big epic erosion here was a part of Monterey beach eroded down to bedrock a few years ago. And we were getting seateds, barbers, etc... Even a $5 gold and a reale or two , and an LC surfaced. That lasted for weeks. Every day, the pocket would shift around and move , producing more goodies.

The fastest action I ever saw, was 466 coins in only a couple of hours. Essentially every scoop had multiple coins, and you couldn't take a step in any direction without getting multiple beeps. That was the El Nino of 1997- 98, at Marina CA. Simply insane.

The last long-lasting erosion episodes here were several years ago :mad: Ever since then, it's just been a little here and a little there, of only small clad pockets.

The last big epic erosion here was a part of Monterey beach eroded down to bedrock a few years ago. And we were getting seateds, barbers, etc... Even a $5 gold and a reale or two , and an LC surfaced. That lasted for weeks. Every day, the pocket would shift around and move , producing more goodies.

The fastest action I ever saw, was 466 coins in only a couple of hours. Essentially every scoop had multiple coins, and you couldn't take a step in any direction without getting multiple beeps. That was the El Nino of 1997- 98, at Marina CA. Simply insane.

Whats an LC?

El Nino of 1997- 98, at Marina CA. Simply insane.

Well at that time line pattern of 1997-1998 up north, then 2016 for SoCal, we should be due something epic again in 2025-2026.. Guess I'll do some yard work for 5 more yrs and try again. ...

Out here in Vegas where I now live it's a whole different monster. There are some good hunters out here and not just the Gold nugget types. For rings its pretty much non-existent. The hunt is for coins. We hit a lot in the middle of a ghetto (AND I MEAN GHETTO) in the old, North Las Vegas area. A tractor had plowed the lot about 4 inches down and there were Merc's, rosies, Walkers, you name it!... Apparently there was an old liquor store from like 85 yrs ago there. There was also trash everywhere and the ground needed a miners pick just to break up.. It's not fun like the beach but until travel opens up, it's all i got!

Back
Top Bottom