Storing Treasure

jackdevil

Elite Member
Just curious where everyone keeps there finds. I put mine in a metal box my wife use to use for make up. Works well with the different sections to keep things separated. I have a different spot for foreign coins, regular clad, jewelery, and misc junk/finds. So post a pic of where you store your own treasures!

Attachments

• 102_1821.jpg
    102_1821.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 102_1822.jpg
    102_1822.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 317
Nice

I'm a newbie still waiting for my MD to arrive so I did not even think about where to put what I find.

How long did it take you to find all that stuff?

Slick

Some things that I won't be touching right away go in a safe deposit box, the rest goes in my safe which is well hidden. Obviously, no pics!!!!:lol:

Dusty

i have a clad jar. i put my silver coins in the protective sleeves in a binder. i put my finds i keep in a ziplock bag. and my trash and junk in a big cardboard box.

clad goes in a jug, silvers go either in a harris coin book if i need it or in 2x2 holders which than go in plastic pages which goes in a 3 ring binder, other finds go in a shoe box

My stuff goes into an old ammo can. I only save the gold and silver. The trash gets dumped before I leave the site and any silvers I have just go into jewelers bags...in the ammo can. Clad gets rolled and dumped on some poor unsuspecting bank or store.

We started with a small box that had divided compartments, then moved to a bigger carboard box. Now have a jar for tokens, one for clad, one for cool finds like toy guns and cars, and one for jewelry. We have towels laid out on the table, on the counter, a TV stand, by the computer,.. with Stuff on them in various stages of cleaning and Id'ing. We have a strainer ,bowl, baking soda, and an old toothbrush in the bathroom for soaking. Basically, our house is just for MDing now :clapping: And we wouldn't want it any other way !

We started with a small box that had divided compartments, then moved to a bigger carboard box. Now have a jar for tokens, one for clad, one for cool finds like toy guns and cars, and one for jewelry. We have towels laid out on the table, on the counter, a TV stand, by the computer,.. with Stuff on them in various stages of cleaning and Id'ing. We have a strainer ,bowl, baking soda, and an old toothbrush in the bathroom for soaking. Basically, our house is just for MDing now :clapping: And we wouldn't want it any other way !

it sounds like you're finding way too much stuff Kim, haha. save some for the rest of us! :giggle:
as for me, right now i'm just using a small wooden box. it's getting quite full so it's soon time to upgrade to something a bit larger. someday i'll have to dig out that old (empty) treasure chest up in the attic and start filling that up, lol.

Pete

I keep mine in an old entertainment center

Attachments

• 183231_1933851225193_1209678635_2395948_4232780_n.jpg
    183231_1933851225193_1209678635_2395948_4232780_n.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0305.jpg
    DSC_0305.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0310.jpg
    DSC_0310.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0306.jpg
    DSC_0306.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 206
I had originally planned.....

I had originally planned to hold all my clad for a year, then photo the entire years finds and then dump it at the bank, but after my 1300+ coin find in one spot...all clad & zincons but 1 wheatie (my first), I am going to just photo that find and then dump all of them in the bank. Am keeping records of my sites and finds anywho so no need for the year end image! :lol:

Up to the time of that major find, I had been keeping everything in a nice wooden box in my storage room. I got several hot wheel cars, some junk jewelry, and a load of blue jeans snaps! LOL but nothing really worth anything. I have a safe in my house and if I ever do find any silver or anything of value, it will go into the safe if I don't sell it first. :?: I am not into hoarding silver coins, simply because I have lived long enough to know that precious metal values fluctuate. Right now it is riding high, and if I had any significant quantity of gold or silver, I would sell it. Better to catch it on the up tick than on the down tick or bottom.

Anyone who thinks that hoarding silver or gold is the answer to economic collapse is living a dream. Those with the biggest guns will rule when that happens, not those with a safe full of metal. IMO

Back
Top Bottom