White Aquarium Gravel Sources

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
I checked the local Walmarts and it didn't have white aquarium gravel. Is there a B&M who usually carries the stuff without having to go to the mall?

Second question, is the ceramic grade polishing media anyone here uses? The web says it never wears out. martin

I am surprised wal mart didn't have it. Usually any place with pet supplies has it. Check a local Meijer, Pet Smart, or larger retail type pet shops.

I have been getting mine at Pet smart store in the city the last couple of years cause our Walmart only carries the pebbles now and it doesn't work like the gravel does . I do use the natural color instead of the white . I have used both and can't see any difference except with the white the white paint would flake off after using it for awhile . Any major pet store should carry the gravel . I tried the Walmarts pebbles and they don't work because no sharp edges on it .

Harold

The white is just paint anyway. Get the stone colored gravel. I used the white for 2 tumbles and all the white came off the stone anyway.

i use plane old sand , i buy a bag at lowes and it last for a long time. HH BLEV

I purchased a small bag of gravel for $4 at Pet Supplies Plus the other day. If you have those in your area.

I couldn't fine white gravel so i bought a sand and gravel mix at walmart and it works quite well. Only used it on clad so far.

Back
Top Bottom